Thread: Graph Block Data

Tuner in Training

Graph Block Data

I am looking to populate more Graph Blocks with Data when I do a Log File, I've played around with the "Graph Layout" properties, but when I record a log file, there still a lot of missing data or graph blocks that are not filled, is this normal?, it seems I've seen other people's files and they have had a lot more blocks filled with data. So what am I missing, how do I populate more data blocks say for like "Spark Retard" or Inj. "Pulse Width"?
    I've searched the forum and haven't seen any info for this.

sample blocks.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

You didn't post your tune but usually if there is little to no data it is because you didn't change the column and axis numbers to correspond with the numbers in your tune. Simple mistake that is easy to fix. Not knowing what you are working on is the problem. Post your tune and you will get the help you need

Senior Tuner
    Check for filters applied or required #hits under the details for the graph. Also confirm that the frequency of the PIDS isn't set real high under the channels.

If that is actually the spark retard table, how much do you expect to get? And how long of a drive is this?

Tuner in Training

Graph Block Data

Thanks Guys for the reply,

Hopefully I'll attach my log file, one will be mine, 2018 Silverado (Log-0026), the second is a sample log file that comes in the software download, but it is too large to attach, hope you can see the image (did a screen shot). It is from a 2009 Silverado and It has two differences, more Graph Data Blocks filled out and if you can find it, runs in real time. When I drive my truck around with the scanner hooked up, it runs in real time (fast O2 cross counts, STFT and LTFT react very fast, and all parameters react fast), but when I record a log file and play it back it runs really slow, it's like it is only recording 1 out of every 10 or 20 data points. Hope you can see the image below. I look at the filtering in the graph layout with the 2009 Silverado and nothing is different between mine and that one. Thanks for your help, hope I can get this set up right!

sample scn shot.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Less data recording should make r run faster. Have you looked at the playback speed setting? Where it shows 1x in the top bar? I probably won't have time or the correct computer to try and review a log until this weekend, if then.

Maybe post a screen shot of what you are seeing now. And make sure you are using the same terminology that HPT uses for graphs vs charts, since at this point I'm not sure which one you are talking about.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, gtsorey
    It doesn't matter, long or short record, it still runs slow, sure I can increase the play back speed, but then it compresses the data to where 1 second play back is 10 to 20 seconds of data recorded. I hope you can find the 2009 sample file and be able to compare them , I'll send a screen shot, hopefully you (everybody) who downloads VCM suite has this sample file. that file runs fast and 1 second run time is 1 second of data.
    Attached Images Attached Images