Thread: Gen 3 PCM to control a bored L33

Tuner

Gen 3 PCM to control a bored L33

Hi, I have a L33 + 4L80e on a 1998 C1500 truck. I want to have more displacement and I'm thinking on goin 4.065 bore (sleeved) to achieve around 6.2L.

The package will include 821 heads, truck style complete rec port intake manifold and a 212/218 .600 lift 112 lsa cam from TSP (I have the lower lift version of it now).

I'm aware of the map/maf/spark tuning on it but, will my stock pcm be able to control it on the right way? In addition to the new injector data and engine displacement, is there anything else to be considered?

Thanks.

Yes it would have zero problem controlling that engine. You will just be required to input the correct data the computer needs like the new displacement and new injector data. From there you'd have to go over many settings manually to get things right again. Like tuning the idle airflow, idle timing, correcting the MAF curve and VE table for fueling and altering the timing as required.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.