Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read/Write issue

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbents10
    Tried about 9 times yesterday on a duramixer with no love. Seems to be hit and miss with theses things. I will try low speed, how long does that take???? It has been avg. 7-8min for me to read and write them.

Charge the lap top battery real good and hook it up. start the read and come back 20-25 minutes later
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Advanced Tuner
    I have to pull the TCMB 10 amp fuse under the hood of my dads 07 Classic with Allison. Otherwise I can't read or write to the VCM.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.
    Dynojet 424LC and 250IX Certified Tuning Center
    335 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV. 89502
    P: 775.327.4400 - F: 775.327.4401 - Email: [email protected]

Tuner
    Heck I tried pulling all the fuses some of the hand helds have you pull to no availe...Except when I pulled the trans fuse
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Low speed today takes 2-3 times till you get a good write.

I tried to back up my tune for the first time since upgrading to 2.18 and each time about 30mins in it died.. and reset my radio clock.

Well I tuned a 05' low option Dmax today. It went GREAT!!!!! I was so happy, I read it in one shot in about 6min. Then the writing went off without a hitch time and time agian in about 2min. I wish it would be like this for every one I do.

Well I was playing with the 03' today and it worked great on high speed every time. Maybe the update I got works. Also I did a 01' yesterday and it went off w/o one trouble. Nice huh.

Tuner
    I still have the same issues with my truck. I have to read the entire thing on low speed mode. Basically set up the laptop and hit go and then go do something else for a half hour and come back. Frustrating to say the least.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Stock - but looking to change that

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniorCruzer
    I still have the same issues with my truck. I have to read the entire thing on low speed mode. Basically set up the laptop and hit go and then go do something else for a half hour and come back. Frustrating to say the least.

Jon
    Do you have any aftermarket adapters hooked up to your stereo? My dad has a Sirius radio module and I have to unplug it to get HPTuners to read and write. Anything non stock that is plugged into the stereo system will mess with reading and writing the PCM.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.
    Dynojet 424LC and 250IX Certified Tuning Center
    335 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV. 89502
    P: 775.327.4400 - F: 775.327.4401 - Email: [email protected]

Tuner
    From an electrical stand point my truck is completely stock minus a trailer brake controller and a radar detector, which I have unplugged and has had no change to the issue. No other modules at all. Only additions to the truck are visual accessories and a 4" exhaust. I have not even hooked up my boost or EGT gauges yet.

Jon
    2012 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins with Banks CAI, intake tubes, intake horn, grid heater/EGR/DEF delete, 4" Straight pipe

Mine dies at the TCM on fast reads.. everytime.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo lcc
    Mine dies at the TCM on fast reads.. everytime.
    Yup. 19 times out of 20 mine will fail at the TCM in high speed mode. Every once and a while it will go through with no issues.

Jon