Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First start log

Tuner

First start log

Wondering if this was long enough to get so pointers to smooth this tune out. SETUP for speed density
    2004 lm7 fully built motor with stage 2 turbo cam
    single turbo
    gm 2bar sensor
    80lbs injectors
    any help is appreciated. just trying to get it drivable before winter and wants to smoke pretty bad at start up after start up and running smoke goes away and runs great just want to make sure don't mess anything up.
    lots of money and time in it and learning the tune side
    Last edited by dustinfocusrs; 11-09-2023 at 09:50 PM.

Says the file is tuner locked, so we can't view it.

Who's 80lb/hr injectors are they?

Fix your coolant temp sensor too, it's reading negative values during that log, it's not that cold in the USA or even Canada yet. It's not going to run right if it thinks the engine is that cold but the intake temps are 60 degrees warmer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Just noticed it's locked no idea why I'll get that corrected and also noticed the sensor not reading right when looking at data. And injectors are Amazon 80lbs injectors

I'll just say this, good luck with Amazon 80lb/hr injectors. Just about everyone here will tell you toss them in a trash because that's basically what they are.

Doubtful they came with any tuning data for them, all of which is 100% required to get this thing to run right. All of the companies that sell quality injectors will come with data that is plug and play, this way the calibration is correct for what you are actually using.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    should be unlocked

Senior Tuner
    You'll have to post it again.

Senior Tuner
    Ah now it opens. Which 80lb injectors? Deka 80?

Tuner
    They are not deka but seems to flow ok. From how I set it got them on Amazon as ran out of funds and have flow vs kpa starting at 70 and left everything else stock as they said Delphi 80 injectors and gave me some Info but not everything

Senior Tuner
    Oh ok. Do you happen to have part numbers and supplied data? Maybe a link to where you found them?

I keep asking these questions because it's actually really important to have the data correct. For starters, I don't think the IFR is right in the tune at all.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Oh ok. Do you happen to have part numbers and supplied data? Maybe a link to where you found them?

I keep asking these questions because it's actually really important to have the data correct. For starters, I don't think the IFR is right in the tune at all.
    8624.jpg
    this is all the data they gave me after 2 weeks of asking and IMG_3789.jpgIMG_3787.jpgIMG_3788.jpg

Senior Tuner
    Those are wallered out versions of factory injectors. They even could be wallered out counterfeits of factory injectors. See how they got rid of the nice 4-hole spray pattern?
    wallered injector.png

That body is either 33lb/hr 12587269 or 38lb/hr 12613411. Can't really tell either way. What I did was put in the supplied flow rating and filled in the rest of the data with the 33lb/hr injector. You didn't say whether you have a vacuum-referenced fuel pressure regulator. You should for a turbo, but the data you have is non-referenced. I made files for both types. Select which one is applicable to yours and give it a try.

These injectors really do belong in the trash, though.

Tuner
    It's non running the corvette pressure regulator back by tank

Senior Tuner
    Well give it a shot. That corvette reg will only support so much flow. Might not be enough for what you're trying to do. Not to mention the IFR trend will be the same for anything beyond 0kPa. It'll flatline the slope and skew the VE curve.

Capable pump, 1:1 reg, and a good set of injectors will be well worth the investment.

Hopefully you'll see an improvement and no more black smoke now.

Tuner
    thank you for the help ill see how it goes and let you know greatly appreciate your time and help and if you need anything hit me up

Tuner
    greatly appreciate it and also noticed after it was brought up in this that the coolant senor was reading -13 at start up and that wont help at all either lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Well give it a shot. That corvette reg will only support so much flow. Might not be enough for what you're trying to do. Not to mention the IFR trend will be the same for anything beyond 0kPa. It'll flatline the slope and skew the VE curve.

Capable pump, 1:1 reg, and a good set of injectors will be well worth the investment.

Hopefully you'll see an improvement and no more black smoke now.
    also it is running an aeromotive 340 series stealth in tank fuel pump in tank upgraded fuel line to rail and the pump is e85 capable

Senior Tuner
    You're welcome. When you get the fuel supply (injectors, reg) lined out I'll be happy to help further if you need.

Tuner
    awesome thanks again

Tuner
    running 11-18-23.hpl
    help white smoke running 8.8 afr got afr to 11.74 command 14.68 but cant get it to go from pig rich
    Last edited by dustinfocusrs; 11-18-2023 at 02:00 PM.