Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First start log

Senior Tuner
    File is tuner locked again. Did you get new injectors?

Tuner
    Nope loaded the tune you said to try and black smoke went away but went pig Ritch. And no idea why it's locked I haven't changed anything

Senior Tuner
    Sorry that's me being an idiot. I clicked the wrong file. Anyway...here's a baseline VE.

Tuner
    ok thank you i still was looking and was like why is it locked lock and i have other logs as well if needed

Senior Tuner
    Sure let's see how it's doing.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    hopefully will be back at truck in next couple days

Tuner
    11-23=23.hplbobbys stock file 2bar11-19-23_SiriusC1024_Injectors_NonReferenced_VE.hpt
    seemed alot better to me but looked like fuel trims went from -21 to positive 40s and 50s at idle then when gave it gas would come rich also noticed that the difference from bank one and 2 was alot. thanks again for all the help and seems to be close to drive time for it

Senior Tuner
    Given the corrections, VE was coming in pretty low. So, I changed the density for the cc/min conversion to that of n-heptane. n-Heptane is typically used for flow ratings. Still, it's kind of low.

Set up a few more parameters in the tune.

I see STFT's are still active even though CL is disabled. Don't know for sure if they are affecting things. Use VCM Scanner to clear them.

Log this one.

Tuner
    Given the corrections, VE was coming in pretty low. So, I changed the density for the cc/min conversion to that of n-heptane. n-Heptane is typically used for flow ratings. Still, it's kind of low.

Set up a few more parameters in the tune.

I see STFT's are still active even though CL is disabled. Don't know for sure if they are affecting things. Use VCM Scanner to clear them.

Log this one.
    ok thanks and i am loging only stft as speed density only no maf and no 02 sensors, except wideband. also it has a stage 2 turbo cam but isnt coming through almost sound stock really which i am confused about its a brian tooley stage 2 i didnt know if all the stock info was taking over the tables as when i add the info to the ve it shoots it way down and to 0s etc and isnt a slope like table that is loaded, and again i thank you for all the input and help is their channels and etc i need to log and i can donate for you helping if need be

Senior Tuner
    It should sound different as fueling gets more accurate. Are both front O2's still in place?

Tuner
    yes if i remember right only the rear 02s are not in i belive the 2 front are in and then the wideband is in

Senior Tuner
    If front O2's are still in there then we'll use them. CL re-enabled in this tune. On the next log include the channels LTFT and STFT for bank 1 and bank 2, please.

Tuner
    If front O2's are still in there then we'll use them. CL re-enabled in this tune. On the next log include the channels LTFT and STFT for bank 1 and bank 2, please.
    OK sure will I won't be able to get back to truck till Monday they are leaving town tomorrow morning but soon as I can I'll log it and see how it goes and let you know

Tuner
    Screenshot (8).png i just noticed alot of differences in the data from chart vs time to channels added a pic also if i do the math on injector duty cycle it does not match from scanner to math
    rpm by ipw 4330 showing on scanner and ipw of 4.3 and 4.4 should be 15.5 percent duty cycle but in the scanner it says they are only at 4.9 percent

Senior Tuner
    I'm not sure what's going on with that pic. You're right it should be showing 15% DC. When I open the log at post #27, scanner shows 11.2% DC @ 2960rpm.

Post another log with the latest tune.

Tuner
    I'm not sure what's going on with that pic. You're right it should be showing 15% DC. When I open the log at post #27, scanner shows 11.2% DC @ 2960rpm.

I will be over next week they are out of town my buddy and his family soon as I can I'll get another log

Tuner

you wouldnt happen to have a set of injectors would you he is maxed out on funds and trying to get this all before snow and i am trying to see if i can find issue is scanner not sure if it is my settings or what

Senior Tuner
    No I don't. What's the problem though? Injectors weren't changed between the two logs where DC worked then didn't. Wouldn't you like to see how far off these injectors are before deciding to buy new?

Tuner
    No I don't. What's the problem though? Injectors weren't changed between the two logs where DC worked then didn't. Wouldn't you like to see how far off these injectors are before deciding to buy new?
    Yes I would and sorry thought I responded to this and just realized it didn't update. I'll get new tune loaded soon as I can and see what it does and we can go from their

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dustinfocusrs View Post
    Yes I would and sorry thought I responded to this and just realized it didn't update. I'll get new tune loaded soon as I can and see what it does and we can go from their
    Well loaded new file truck runs alot better but then oil was coming out of top of intake like crazy and he has new intake on order. So that is probably why right side went to 50 on stft