Thread: Drive Monitor Completion With Copperhead PCM

Drive Monitor Completion With Copperhead PCM

So I see a lot of people having issues with drive monitors completing from my experience most of the time you have to be in situations where the vehicle is in slow traffic or driven at 45 mph and under to get them to all set ad start testing. My truck is a freak and very different than most stock vehicles as far as the calibration goes the truck uses a 2008 5.4 3v motor but is using a 2014 mustang 5.0 calibration to operate engine functions. This includes vct cam schedule, transmission, abs, and everything else. It was quite a obstacle to get the truck to perform like off the showroom floor at the start but now after a few years like this I got the set up down and know what needs to happen to any mod motor that wants to have a 6r80 behind it.

Back to drive monitors Components Usually set on startup if all sensors are operating properly.

egr monitor - From a stop, idle for 30 seconds, accelerate to 72 km/h (45 mph) at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, cruise at steady throttle for 1 minute. Repeat idle, acceleration and cruise 3 times

misfire and fuel monitor will complete doing this - From a stop, accelerate to 104 km/h (65 mph), hold steady throttle for 5 seconds, then decelerate at closed throttle to 64 km/h (40 mph) (no brakes), accelerate from 64 km/h (40 mph) to 104 km/h (65 mph), hold steady throttle for 5 seconds, repeat deceleration 5 times.

Next is the catalyst you need to make sure your fueling is correct and transport delay is within reason to get the exhaust and O2 monitors to complete this will take some logging ad time to get on the money but don't rush it, my best advise is to take your time with all aspects of this post.

*O2 monitor - Cruise at 77 to 104 km/h (48 to 65 mph) for greater than 5 minutes

Last is evap this one can be tricky if you have old or damaged components but if it passed prior to your mods something in the calibration might be off after you changed it. This drive monitor is usually the last to complete after all component, air, fuel, and egr/vct test have completed. If you do find you are having issues first check to make sure all your hard parts operate a easy test is to take the connectors off the purge or vent valve and test with power and ground on the 2 pins if it clicks chances are the part is good unless its a internal sealing issue that will be harder to diag but there are videos of how to test.

Evap Monitor - Cruise at 77 to 104 km/h (48 to 65 mph) for 10 minutes (avoid sharp turns and hills). NOTE: To initiate the monitor, the throttle should be at part throttle, EVAPDC must be greater than 75%, and FLI must be between 15 and 85%, and for fuel tanks over 25 gallons FLI must be between 30 and 85%.

If you need any specific let me know I have access to vehicle specific guides from Ford to GM and all other supported vehicle manufacturers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

All Drive Monitors Complete.jpg

So truck has been really smooth in stop and go traffic here in north Ga I got all the drive monitors completed in a day or 2 of driving. Prior to this I kept having a evap issue where the vent would not fully seal due to a couple small carbon pellets that fell into the solenoid. I got them cleaned out and fixed a small screen that fell out when I had the canister out and all is great now. If you ever experience a issue where your purge valve seems like it is constantly running and idle gets weird check that vent valve in the cannister assembly or your purge in some cases one is not properly sealing ad its causing a vacuum leak. The truck has been running on e85 lately and the milage isn't to bad at all for my set up around 13 to 14 mpg average.