Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 99 chevy 1500 need someone to check over please

Senior Tuner
    No appreciable difference, but I applied changes anyway. A log like you lost would be more useful
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I figured out that i think my cord may be acting up or the odb2 port because it will be logging and all the sudden just stop. I can't figure out why because as soon as i hit the start button it starts up again. I did get an idle and rpm up to 3920 can't remember which stopped on me because it stopped on 3 or 4 occasions and one didn't get saved.

red z 4.hpl
    red z 5.hpl
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    These with the recent tune?

Tuner
    yes sir and i forgot to mention earlier that i have a throttle body spacer and the egr has been deleted. I had forgotten about the spacer until i checked the tranny fluid earlier. I think i lost 2nd gear sylinoid if it looks funky. It shifted fine all day then all the sudden it started skipping 2nd. I am going to play with it in a bit but figured i would send that and see if i needed another run or not.
    Thanks, Tody

Throttle body spacers are the magic healing crystals of the automotive world.

Tuner
    yeh it was on it when i bought the truck, i'm more of a HVC angled carb spacer kind of guy
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Alright. Here I've applied changes and forecast the rest of the table. So far the fuel pump seems to be holding up. Higher RPM's again, please. Longer duration, too.

What I'd like to know is why LTFT's aren't working. Do you have an option for VCM Scanner>Vehicle Controls and Special Functions>Fuel & Spark>Fuel Trim Learn enable?

How thick is the spacer and what diameter is the opening? I'll add it to manifold volume. Not that it matters much, but hey.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-21-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Tuner
    I have that option but i didn't cut it off. I thought that was something that you had cut off when you started helping me. Is there anyway it could be turned off in scanner other than the controls option?
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    I didn't turn it off, in fact they haven't worked the whole time. I was hoping they'd update with enough driving. The tune is setup so that they are enabled. Try turning on that enable in scanner then disconnect.

Tuner
    ok will do
    Thanks, Tody

Tuner
    This isn't the log you needed but i figured you would need to see what i done. I went to the options and cut on the LTFT and they didn't come on, i tried a few times and nothing. The last time i remember them working is before you started helping me and the only thing i could think of different was the channels on the left side. So i changed it to one i had and it went to working so i cleared it and went to logging. I couldn't make it shift to 2nd with options so ima look into that tommorow but what i noticed is the STFT is doing what it has been doing. May be a coincidence with the channels or may be actual issue, the whole time i been messing with it lately anything above 2.0 and below 60 in the tab STFT is always in the red. Is it the pump again or just me being paranoid?

res z 6.hpl
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Oh I see. Did you happen to clear LTFT before running this log with the new tune?

Senior Tuner
    Here. On the next please take the time to get 15-20 min drive time. To get the higher RPM's try shifting it into first?

Tuner
    i cleared the LTFT's before i ran the last tune. What was cutting them off? I didn't know changing the channels section did anything like that. I thought it just showed differant perameters.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    I honestly didn't think LTFT had to be explicitly logged, either. Looks like that was the case.

Tuner
    Here is one from this morning it got ran a little while before my computer shut down.

red z 8.hpl
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    I hope you remembered to clear LTFT's between tunes. Assuming you did, fuel trims go strongly positive after every deep decel and take a while to get back on track. It's like the fuel pressure regulator is sticking. Have you thought about replacing it?

Tuner
    I replaced it and the fuel rails about 2 months ago but thats not saying it isn't bad. I will replace it this afternoon and see what that does and i will get another log and clear them just to make sure.
    Thanks, Tody

Senior Tuner
    Verify the vacuum line itself isn't leaking, too. Those ends get dry rotted. Clear LTFT's after you make repairs and relog.

Read off the injector part number just in case.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-28-2023 at 11:14 AM.

Tuner
    Here is the log that i am sure i reset the fuel trims. I stopped and knew it wasn't enough so i did a 2nd also and numbered them in order.
    red 10.hpl
    red 11.hpl
    Thanks, Tody