Thread: Fuel Gauge Volume

Potential Tuner

Fuel Gauge Volume

Hi all. Can anyone tell me how to correct tables 17001 and 17002. 99 Suburban OBS. ECM P59, OS 12613246. LQ9, 4L65E etc... DASHBOARD from 05 Denali. Fuel shows incorrectly. When the tank is full, the needle shows a little more than half. I don?t understand how to change the fuel volume & fuel gauge volume parameters. the tank is 159 liters. By what principle does the step change?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just copy over the tables if the OS and PCM is the same.
    As to what they do 17001 primary fuel volume is for the the PCM/ECM to calculate fuel level for EVAP monitoring/leak detection.
    17002 is for the actual gauge. All of this is in conjunction with the total fuel tank volume. If you adjust the volume you have to adjust the volume on the columns also to reflect the new fuel tank volume.
    Check the repository if you don't have the 05 Denali tables

Potential Tuner
    But the Denali tank is only 115 liters, and the Suburban is 159

In your picture you can see the settings for capacity on two entries. Change them both to 115. Then in the 17001 table change the very last number to 115, select the last cell and click all the way down until you get to zero on the table, NOT THE END OF THE COLUMNS and use the interpolate between horizontal boundaries.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, I still did it my way. I just entered the data of my OBS Suburban tank into the both table. And everything worked out... It works and displays correctly. Checked it three days in a row
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    make last colum cell is 115 goes to zero in cells up to the end