Thread: Gen 3 Coyote tuning questions

Potential Tuner

Gen 3 Coyote tuning questions

Hey guys,

I just put together a 2004 mustang with a gen 3 mustang coyote engine in it and have been trying to tune it myself. It basically just a stock engine minus a set of bbk longtubes and a custom air intake (using stock MAF diameter). I'm new to tuning but I think I've got the MAF curve somewhat close but I've noticed that the cars SFTF are still all over the place along with it running pretty rich at idle. Ill post the current tune/ a data log but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Test 5.hplTest 4.hptTest 4.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Tuning the MAF and transport delay are about the only things you'd have to worry about changing, and some people don't even mess with transport delay. Other things you could change would be personal preference like idle rpm or rev limiter. If you have the 10r80 you can make changes there too if wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by schmaltzmen View Post
    Hey guys,

I just put together a 2004 mustang with a gen 3 mustang coyote engine in it and have been trying to tune it myself. It basically just a stock engine minus a set of bbk longtubes and a custom air intake (using stock MAF diameter). I'm new to tuning but I think I've got the MAF curve somewhat close but I've noticed that the cars SFTF are still all over the place along with it running pretty rich at idle. Ill post the current tune/ a data log but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Best bet as beginner is to get yourself a good base tune from a pro and go from there. There is no simple answer to what I should change in gen 3 coyote. Hit me up.

Your MAF transfer is full of "bumps", this is a no no:

image.png

Quote Originally Posted by schmaltzmen View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks,

you should not touch the Maf table when using stock maf diameter. If the fuel trims all over the place with stock maf value then you should start checking for vacuum leaks and fuel pumps pressure.
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    The tune looks pretty stock other than the mid and top part of the MAF curve. Your car is also going into OL for some reason when you rev it up. It should always be in closed loop except for a few seconds on start up.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a good tune for 250. With all options