Thread: AFM codes delete Camaro SS 2017 A8

Potential Tuner

AFM codes delete Camaro SS 2017 A8

p12e7, p12f9, p12f4, p12ec.
    Can?t delete these codes after installing aftermarket exhaust without AFM valves on 2017 auto camaro ss.
    Can someone help me solve this problem?
    Thank you in advance !

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by orbela View Post
    p12e7, p12f9, p12f4, p12ec.
    Can?t delete these codes after installing aftermarket exhaust without AFM valves on 2017 auto camaro ss.
    Can someone help me solve this problem?
    Thank you in advance !
    Correct. You can shut off the codes and shut off check engine light with HPT but the permanent codes will still be in memory, and the codes will pop up if your inspection station does a plug-in scan. Only way to properly fix is to reinstall the OEM exhaust until the code goes away…THEN shut off the codes, then reinstall the aftermarket exhaust.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ

I am not 100% familiar with those exact codes.

but if they are circuit codes like circuit open/closed/low/high
    You may be able to put a resistor across the connector while the codes are enabled.
    You'll have to match the resistance to the coil in the valve for it to register correctly.

I did this for a while with the skip shift solenoid. and computer didn't know the difference.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by will_974 View Post
    I am not 100% familiar with those exact codes.

but if they are circuit codes like circuit open/closed/low/high
    You may be able to put a resistor across the connector while the codes are enabled.
    You'll have to match the resistance to the coil in the valve for it to register correctly.

I did this for a while with the skip shift solenoid. and computer didn't know the difference.
    Negative, now how the AFM logic works. It needs to see the actuator motor open/close with the appropriate AFM call from the ECM.
    2017 Camaro SS, Whipple 3.0, Mast LT Black Label heads, 112mm TB, LPE BB HPFP & LT4+52% injectors, Fore Innovations triple pumps
    1059 WHP, 944 WTQ