Thread: 06 GTO E40 Tuning Frustrations (injector scaling related)

Potential Tuner

06 GTO E40 Tuning Frustrations (injector scaling related)

OK... Getting frustrated on my car. I have a 2006 GTO M6 . I have been trying for the life of me to get these injectors scaled to my E40 ecu and the car is just not responding like I think it should. it is pegging my motec lambda gauge on my dyno, af/r gauge in car full rich and the car barely runs . I have tried the Double stoich, halve IVT and inj flow with no luck. I am about ready to put the ls2 stockers back in as I cannot get the ecu to lean out. Possibly I am fighting bad injector data or injectors ( I was sent flow data and printed test results) but even if set the flow table to 63lb max with double stoich it still is way rich. I have tried FIC's 650cc injector data also to no avail. I am about ready to half the MAF just to see i can get something to happen. the cold start and OL is atrocious.
    If someone could talk me off the ledge it would be great, perhaps I am missing a cold start multiplier that i need to half as well... I have tuned some ECU's other than GM (dating myself here but Xtronics pocket romulator anyone) so I feel like I have changed the correct values based on my searching in the forums. Now I do have a p0300 and a p0106 setting , although that was also happening prior to the injector swap ( due to the Cam and increase in displacement I suspect )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cytuning; 11-17-2023 at 10:49 PM.
    2006 GTO M6 Texas Speed 403 stroker with a 232/242 113+3 .600/.600. CAM,60lb injectors, K&N intake with MAF and
    Speed engineering 1 7/8 long tubes to 3in catted exhaust. McLeod RST twin disk
    Dynapack 3000 hub dyno

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for taking a look blindsquirrel. I should have posted the version I had with the non FIC650 #'s in it. Comparing the two files ( for my education) it seems I somehow messed up the double stoich and was off there. somehow in mine I was off by 7.35 22 commanded vs 29 which would make sense. sorry if I was wasting anyone's time.
    2006 GTO M6 Texas Speed 403 stroker with a 232/242 113+3 .600/.600. CAM,60lb injectors, K&N intake with MAF and
    Speed engineering 1 7/8 long tubes to 3in catted exhaust. McLeod RST twin disk
    Dynapack 3000 hub dyno

Tuner in Training nathanhine1977's Avatar
    Hi guys, just jumping of the back of this thread.
    I have an E40 ECU, and have just purchase some XSpirt 1500cc injectors, after reading some posts on scaling, it seems to me that there is a limit to scaling injectors?
    And these 1500cc are just to big.
    Please help as I would like to use them but am at a loss as to what needs to be corrected in the tune file.

If i double stoich and half injector size, they are still to big to the max value of 63lb/hr, if I do 30% scaling then the stoich value will be maxed out.......
    Any help please.

1500cc injectors E40.xlsx
    1st Jan 2024.hpt

Yep, the Stoich table has a limit of 32. Things like this are why you get the data and see if it works before you click the 'Buy' button, not afterwards.

Senior Tuner
    prob divide by 3 if ur on ethanol using stoich and IFR, or if not then scale it by half using stoich then have to go the scale rest the air model way

Would it be best to sell the 1500cc and look for a smaller set of injectors?
    At the moment i am using the stock LSA injector 58lb's but they max out in 3dr gear at 6500.
    Any suggestions for injectors.
    Looks like anything from 600cc - 1000cc will work with the double stoich half IFR.

But surly there are people that are running these injectors, aren't people running the Bosch 210lb in every application?

Senior Tuner
    find injectors that suit your build, the 1000cc will work fine in most situations, personally im using the 1500cc on mine 63lb limit but at 40psi base pressure on petrol im already close to 50% duty running engine in so when i swap to ethanol ill be bout right 70-80% duty, the bosch 210lb are too big and not suited to liquid fuels been there didnt work waste of money, best to aim for around the 70-80% duty so fuel mixes and burns properly at peak rpm

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    find injectors that suit your build, the 1000cc will work fine in most situations, personally im using the 1500cc on mine 63lb limit but at 40psi base pressure on petrol im already close to 50% duty running engine in so when i swap to ethanol ill be bout right 70-80% duty, the bosch 210lb are too big and not suited to liquid fuels been there didnt work waste of money, best to aim for around the 70-80% duty so fuel mixes and burns properly at peak rpm
    Can you post your tune file?

Senior Tuner
    mine is an e38 and also a full fuel system with boost referenced mech reg so prob not much u could get from it, all i done for the 1500 injectors was set the stoich at just off max value but still scaled for flex fuel think i multiplied stoich by 2.18, IFR at the 63lb (mine is flat cos of reg ref) and then just lower the VE to get fueling in line the rest of the way (2 bar OS) then cos air model is in error u may have to stuff around with the idle correction and any airmass related tables, and spark timing maybe out

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    mine is an e38 and also a full fuel system with boost referenced mech reg so prob not much u could get from it, all i done for the 1500 injectors was set the stoich at just off max value but still scaled for flex fuel think i multiplied stoich by 2.18, IFR at the 63lb (mine is flat cos of reg ref) and then just lower the VE to get fueling in line the rest of the way (2 bar OS) then cos air model is in error u may have to stuff around with the idle correction and any airmass related tables, and spark timing maybe out
    Thanks.
    Mine is an E40, that is the issue as they are locked to 63lb hr injector table.

Senior Tuner
    You can just start scaling it by airflow. Its a mess but it's doable. Its actually how people used to do it before they switched to the double stoich method. I'm sure you can find old threads on it.

I don't know your setup but if you can get by with smaller injectors you might be better off.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs