Thread: nag1 rebuild kits

Advanced Tuner

nag1 rebuild kits

greetings. well the ol gray nag1 aint what she used to be! something finally failed. was having issues with shifting and a hole bunch of slipping! want to rebuild the tranny and try a different torque converter, anyone has any recommendations on what brand to look at?the car is only putting out about 440 hp and that just speculation never got anyone that could tune the tranny nor the motor so dont know what it can make but from the mods i was told thats where i was around, any advise is welcomed and appreciated.
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Advanced Tuner
    so you guys are still unwilling to help! time to find another tuning software company! glad i held off buying the new unit! thanks for nothing!
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.

Hey mate. I don't normally jump onto this section. I have had great success with Southern Hotrod products. They supply there rebuild/ upgrade kits. Not sure on pricing these days.

Advanced Tuner
    appreciate your reply, ill get in contact with them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Hey mate. I don't normally jump onto this section. I have had great success with Southern Hotrod products. They supply there rebuild/ upgrade kits. Not sure on pricing these days.
    we went with southern hotrod. we got the rebuild kit and a torque convert from pro torque. now we've ran into two issues, the bellhousing and output shaft!!! would you know or how i would find info on the planetary gears set on the output shaft? they say it will fit but the gear ratio is different. our doner vehicle is a awd and the the down vehicle is a rear wheel drive. we have to switch the bellhousing becuse the starter locations are opposite. was also told we could possibly get away with the different gear ratio on the gear set on the output shaft with tuning?

Shift shedule tuning would need to be adjusted i would imagine

Advanced Tuner
    thank you for the reply, will do. now to find time to start the removal, taredown, rebuild. appreciate the info.

Advanced Tuner
    well got in contact with several transmission service groups about the difference in the awd and rwd output shaft. the majority says no differences. i read my awd and rwd transmission tunes and spects were all the same, if the output shaft was different, wouldnt the gear ratios be different as well? tomorrow i start the taredown and see the damage.

Advanced Tuner
    well i found out that the rebuild kit i bought isnt a oem rebuild kit! i was told i got ripped off! actually i was told that its a cheap rebuild kit and it will not last and give problems with the clutch materials. now im feeling some type of way about all of this! i have to but all the stuff i need now to finish the build! now im wondering about the torque converter that i bought from the same people!never again will i deal online for parts and spend that kind of money and get screwed! i hope they enjoyed the money for this rebuild kit! they got my money but will get bad reviews and no reccomendations as 3 friends of mine are about to rebuild their transmissions. the clutch steel plates are 1/2 the thickness of the factory and the seals didnt fit properly! i would be wrong going up there and getting my money back the fun way.