Thread: Catless Downpipes

Catless Downpipes

I just put cat less downpipes on my truck, just got the truck last week, came with set of new pipes. Couple days after getting the truck it started throwing codes for cats so went ahead and put them on. Currently all I did was just disable the downstream sensors but Ive seen a few posts saying that it needed to be tuned for cat less pipes due to less back pressure which would cause lower boost.
    TIA

Tuner in Training
    Things have changed in the past year or 2... Use to be as simple as switching from a stage 2, to a stage 3 (OTS) tune.
    But, from what I've read, many, if not all, interface manufacturers, have deleted thier OTS stage 3 package and even require professional (on-road) tuners, to update their software, which limits the electronic modifications to on-road vehicles.
    This information could be rumor, or fact, I don't know.
    I do recommend doing your research, and before spending good money, ask direct questions, when choosing a professional tuner.
    Regardless, data log your vehicle before and after modifications, then review the collected information and confirm that electronic changes to your vehicle's ECU, to correct any created issues, in need of modifications.

Over the winter Ill be adding new intercooler and upgraded turbos, at that point I will be seeking someone that is well versed in ecoboost tuning.
    For now I just added a canned 91octane tune and will use it for the time being.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome! Intercooler is a good modification!!
    I have an upgraded Turbocharger, but the guys who were doing my tuning, couldn't get it dailed-in.
    So I decided to purchase HPtuners' MPVI3 and tune it myself. Only regret, I didn't do it sooner.