Thread: Vcm editor - unsupported interface - vcm scanner works fine

Potential Tuner

Vcm editor - unsupported interface - vcm scanner works fine

Getting an unsupported interface error when attempting to read from vehicle.
    I am able to connect to and read data using VCM scanner via bluetooth or using a USB cable.

Interface is an MPVI2.1

Drivers from FTDI are installed - device working properly - And computer is assigning a com port - Tried multiple ports on computer - no change
    Attempted to resync device multiple times in editor - Not finding the interface

Resync on VCM scanner works normally, and pulls all information from the interface

Multiple USB cables - no change

Uninstalled and reinstalled VCM suite stable and then BETA (currently have BETA installed) - no change.

Any suggestions on this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Just had this same issue. Opening vcm scanner and connect, sync worked fine. Was able to do ecm replace to completion. Editor would not show any connection however for read. What worked for me was having vcm editor only open and with mpvi2 connected but not to the vehicle and run the sync in help. If that completes, turn ignition to run, connect to obd2 and go to read. Worked with no issues.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com

Yes, I submitted a support ticket at the same time this post was made. Can you help push this along? Thanks, Bill

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply, I will give this a shot. Although, It feels like I have done at least a hundred different IT dances to attempt to get this to work. Still, one more wont hurt.