Thread: TCM Data no visible, do I need license how to do it?

Potential Tuner

TCM Data no visible, do I need license how to do it?

Hello Guys,

New to the tuning of automatic TCM, I have been looking at the GPEC 2A tuning and engine side, but recently wanted to dig into the TCM, I noticed that for the cars I have purchased 2 credits (Jeep JL Wrangler), I dont see enough information on it. (refer to this photo)
    No TCM data.png

While in I should see TCM set points and other information as per the below photo.

TCM data I should see.png

I usually purchase 2 credits and I am able to see all engine related parts but on TCM never able to see all these details. How can I see this to be able to tune the TCM, can anyone help me here please in case I need to add more credits, which type of credits for my MVI3 device and how to be able to see the TCM data?
    Last edited by huskay; 11-23-2023 at 04:46 AM.

Tuner
    Hello,

Per your first picture, Manual Transmission is enabled. Just for "sanity check": Do you have ZF 8 speeds in the vehicle?

Also, which year is your vehicle? In case 2018+, you have to have "Smart access cable": https://www.hptuners.com/product/dod...-access-cable/

In case you have ZF 8 speeds, you dont need credits to read TCM (only to write).

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I read lots of auto cars, only the capture I shared by mistake is coming from my manual Wrangler 2018+. All these cars I am referring to are 2018+. I use a cable for bypassing the security gateway of jeep JL, as mentioned I can see all the car fuctions, engine tune read and write tunes. Do I still need to get the cable you mentioned while I use this one?
    jeep jl bypass cable.png

Can you guide me a bit with few photos on how to see the transmission part from special functions and how to buy credits if I already see the car engine details? If there is no issue in that
    Attached Images Attached Images