Thread: remote tuner

Tuner in Training

remote tuner

Im looking for someone to either guide me with tunning my truck or possibly pay a reputable person to handle things for me. i keep having trouble on getting the histograms setup for part throttle tunning without a wideband. The goal is to get one pretty soon but im just running out of patience. Its a 2006 silverado with a 4.8, 4l60e, small converter, gen4 truck/tbss intake, stock tb, cold air intake, catless headers, and the original btr nsr cam. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Im gonna try and get a datalog tomorrow morning also 2006 silverado1.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Well.. a deep water source.. What are your issues? A log with your issues would probably help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 19camaro View Post
    Im looking for someone to either guide me with tunning my truck or possibly pay a reputable person to handle things for me. i keep having trouble on getting the histograms setup for part throttle tunning without a wideband. The goal is to get one pretty soon but im just running out of patience. Its a 2006 silverado with a 4.8, 4l60e, small converter, gen4 truck/tbss intake, stock tb, cold air intake, catless headers, and the original btr nsr cam. Any pointers are greatly appreciated. Im gonna try and get a datalog tomorrow morning also 2006 silverado1.hpt
    Several of us tune for a living. I'll be glad to help if you want to email me all of the details. Which injectors are you running?
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    datalog 4.hpl Here is a quick datalog of me driving down the road. it does have a slight exhaust leak im fixing next week when i get time. it also has the factory injectors. im already working with a crap tune that some other guy had on the truck before i bought it and ive had to swap in some stuff from a stock tune i found on the repository such as the ve table and maf calibration.

Senior Tuner
    If you want to get this set up you'll have to do something about B2S1. Looks like it's unplugged.

Tuner in Training
    Both front oxygen sensors are plugged in. would an exhaust leak cause them to read that bad? its leaking between where the collector and the y pipe connect thanks to some mickey mouse junk from the last guy.

Senior Tuner
    Flatline at .451 is disconnected voltage. It's either unplugged (connector pins), plugged into the wrong spot, bad wiring, wrong O2 sensor (dealt with that problem this week on a tune I'm working on for someone), or completely not functioning.

If you're going to replace the O2 sensor do it in pairs. Recommend Denso. I went through 3 Bosch's per year on my cammed car. Denso's have been going for 4 years now.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 11-25-2023 at 10:15 PM.

Senior Tuner
    The passenger side o2 sensor appears to be unplugged or just bad. The 106 code is tuning related.

We do remote tuning M-F 9-5
    www.pcmofnc.com
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    thank you for the info. im gonna replace the o2 sensors since im not sure if theyve ever been replaced on it before. ill get back in touch when i do so.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a datalog. I went with the Denso oxygen sensors as recommended and im seeing voltage on the passenger side now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    The fuel trims are pretty bad. The PCM is adding around 50% fuel to the passenger bank and around 20% to the driver's side.
    Check for vacuum leaks and/or exhaust leaks or misfires or possibly clogged injectors.