Thread: Coverage guide - confusion :(

Potential Tuner

Question Coverage guide - confusion :(

I actually just purchased and received all of my HP Tuners products and am very excited to start using it.

However, the guide of what vehicles can and cannot be done using the tools/software is a bit confusing. First off, whenever a customer asks something along the lines of "Hi, I have a *year*, *make* *model* and want you to do ????", it's essential that I actually know 100% ahead of time whether I CAN or CANNOT do what they're asking. That's obvious, I think. No one likes guessing or "I think I can?" or "I can try and see if it works?" etc.

So, what I'm finding confusing is how coverage seems to skip years, even though the vehicle of the year prior or later is the exact same ie. generation, engine, transmission etc.

For example, why is a 2014 Buick Encore 1.4L listed, as well as a 2017 Buick Encore 1.4L listed, but 2015-2016 is NOT listed? How is this possible? I can't see how there's any difference between a 2015 compared to a 2014?

I mean, this is literally just ONE example of countless situations in the coverage guide exactly like this. Similar to how an 18-20 Fiesta ST and a 2022 Fiesta ST are listed, but somehow now a 2021?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I'm just trying to understand why there's all these seemingly random or odd gaps in coverage years, even though the vehicles missing are all part of the same generation / powertrain as the ones listed?

Thoughts? THANKS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It could be an oversite on our part or it could be that it uses an ecm that we do not support. When in doubt contact support and we can work with you to determine if it was just an oversite. You'll need to provide us with some information such as a picture of the ecm and vin number of the vehicle so we can look into it further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"