Thread: Question

Tuner in Training

Question

I have a 78 trans am with a 2003 6.0 ls installed already installed when purchased and I noticed on scan tool that the only o2 sensors reading are sensors 2 the catalyst sensors shouldn?t the sensors 1 be reading instead to control fuel. Can that be changed in the tune or I need to switch wires at pcm from sensor 2 to sensor 1 thanks for any help

No, you can't change that in the tune.

Here is a better thing to look for, do you have working fuel trims?? If you have working fuel trims, then it has both front o2 sensors installed like it should.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    No my short and long term fuel trims don?t work

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the advice it helped alot since im new to this tuning.so I?m going to switch the wiring pins at the pcm from 02 sensor 2 to sensor 1 I?m sure this will wack out the tune someone else installed should I start from scratch with a start up tune then go from there going to try to tune with narrow band since that?s what I have bought a mpvi3 is it possible someone on this forum could put together a ve table for me and I can install it to my device to use since it would take me forever to do since I?m new at this thanks again for your advice and time