Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to tuning. Intake, manifold and throttlebody swap L 86 2016 Chevy Silverado.

Tuning Addict
    OK, I just checked and I don't have your operating system defined otherwise I would change these for you and let you go from there.

You're either going to need to contact Will - minigeist website if you google it or Dave - DStek. You'll need to have the following background tables changed over to the 6.2's TB settings and then you'll need to change the TB setting in the main cal that you have accessible to the same value. Make sure the manifold volume is right for the 6.2's too - I glanced and it might have been. Then you can re-tune everything from there. That will fix your return to idle issues, decel issues and touchy pedal that having these wrong causes. I'm actually tuning one right now with the same setup, so grabbed the pics from it minus it having a different cam.

The tables you'll need to request are the "throttle area" and the "etc max" scaler table. The rate table is the same as the area table in the pic. Ask for them to put them into your cal using the 6.2 truck settings.

Throttle Tables.jpg
    Last edited by GHuggins; 03-16-2024 at 07:47 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Thank you The Mechanic for the info. I did the throttlebody clean with HP TUNERS and reset my LTFT and idle is back to normal and idling perfect. Again THANKYOU VERY MUCH

Tuner in Training
    Hey GHuggins . since i did the throttle body clean with HP TUNERS idle is fixed. That other stuff you were talking about. was that what you seen in the log or the tune. I am super new to tuning. i have not wrote any tunes to my truck yep . not that confident yet. I'll have to have some one email.me a tune or a fix . And i would pay for the help not a problem.

Tuning Addict
    What I noticed right off in the tune. These things are torque based and they learn and shift based off of airflow and with one of the main controllers being wrong, it'll start moving one way or the other given enough time. It's real common with just a tb change to do that unless it's forced with model skewing to stay open a certain amount. You can always drive it for a while and see what it does. Take note of idle timing and torque then drive it for a couple thousand miles.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC