Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to Tuning. Current setup on 12 SS camaro with Twin Turbos.

Senior Tuner
    Use all the data not just IFR. Don't forget the PE settings.

Senior Tuner
    The FIC injector data that you've listed there isn't even close to the FAST data. Maybe they've changed to a different design over the years.

The Deatschwerks data looks very close to what I've used in the past.

you have 3 issues without seeing the tune files and logs.

those injectors are trash. get you some ID for FIC.

ZL1 pump wont help making power at all. they tap out at 600 wheel. yes you can play with them to raise pressure or have a BAP but i dont recommend.

3.91 gears on a TwinTurbo deal is way over killed imo unless your spinning it high in the rpm and track only car..
    Specializing in calibrating GM vehicles. HPtuners and HolleyEFI

Remote tuning services email [email protected]
    instagram: tunedbymmt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    The FIC injector data that you've listed there isn't even close to the FAST data. Maybe they've changed to a different design over the years.
    The Deatschwerks data looks very close to what I've used in the past.
    The FIC data did look to high. Going to test out Deatschwerks one today. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Updated to Deatschwerks Injectors.
    Still have Fuel issues over 5k RPM. Need to get BAP or new fuel pump.
    Wideband is up and i think its working. Most of time it matches guage. Its a glowshift and data on guage has always been strange and little off sometimes might have to get AEM one. also have not done a open air reset in sometime So needs it.

Need to stay away from 5k+ RPMS until resovled i think.

But also need to get everything else stable so i dont cause damage. anything else that looks bad that needs to be changed ASAP?

Current Tune:
    v3.02: Attachment 140411 / Attachment 140412

Current Log:
    v3.02: Attachment 140413
    Last edited by KalCorp; 12-05-2023 at 03:04 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Those glowshifts are among the worst I've ever used.

I'd suggest a AEM Can version wideband

I'd also take a step back and do everything proper and correct. Get the fuel pressure straighten away first/asap. It's just going to get worse with colder air.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Those glowshifts are among the worst I've ever used.
    I'd suggest a AEM Can version wideband
    I'd also take a step back and do everything proper and correct. Get the fuel pressure straighten away first/asap. It's just going to get worse with colder air.
    Got the AEM 30-0334 - (AEM X-SERIES OBDII WIDEBAND AFR GAUGE KIT) on order. should have in about 2 days.
    Hope that is the right one.

I might put the tune back to what it was before i started when i need to drive it for events. It was on it for over 5 years so should be ok until i get this done.

Senior Tuner
    A lot of these problems can be solved pretty quickly. When is your next event? Fuel pump picked out and ordered along with the wideband?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    A lot of these problems can be solved pretty quickly. When is your next event? Fuel pump picked out and ordered along with the wideband?
    One event was coming up for Christmas drive but i can skip that if needed. But again if i put back tune to what i had for years it should be ok.
    So next big event I want to be ready for is in febuary. So should have time to get it done by then :-)

I got on order a JMS Fuelmax ? P2000GMP @ https://jmschip.com/product/fuelmax-p2000gmp/
    I like the option to key off the pedal and not vac or boost. Its on order and should have it soon.

1.jpg
    Last edited by KalCorp; 12-06-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Going to take sometime to install the BAP in the trunk where it defaulted to go.

Did little work in the trunk. Hope there is room lol

Yes it more of show car then a racing one.
    NBE-Camaro-Trunk-1.jpg
    Last edited by KalCorp; 12-07-2023 at 07:04 AM.