Thread: stock 2015 5.3 hpfp

Advanced Tuner

stock 2015 5.3 hpfp

Read this file off a obviously, previously tuned 5.3, bone stock truck. After some retuning the truck was exceptionally powerful vs others ive worked on. After the customer left i noticed the hpfp pressure had been raised by previous tuner. What reasoning would they have to alter this? Would this contribute to the noticeably factory freak engine in this truck?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 04silverado6.0; 11-30-2023 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added my tune

Tuning Addict
    That plus the cam timing and richer wot fueling not to mention the timing. In all of my studies of these or at least what my customers have been reporting back, the richer wot fueling adds a lot of torque on it's own helping with draggy 0-60 readings.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    How much power are we talking about gaining from the hpfp? The effects on eoit from the reduced pw?

Advanced Tuner
    This is from a different truck i worked on(2014). I made some changes to the wot vvt on this one that seemed to help. Since the dyno is here i have quit adjusting wot cam angle on street tunes until i have a chance to prove actual whp gains.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    Well there's a couple of parts playing into the first one you listed up top. It's running higher rail pressures up top so it's unlikely to affect fueling other than at higher loads so in other words most of cruise and idle will be OE. That combined with the richer wot fuel command like you have it is making wot fueling richer in general. The MAF wasn't touched so I assume wot fuel wasn't verified? Just guessing there. That's what I was referring to by what my customers have reported back to me on the streets. I haven't personally had one on a dyno in a few years other than shop owners I do tunes for so couldn't tell you on that one in regards to how much that adds on it's own. When you have one on the dyno next test it and let us know what it does to fueling and to hp/tq The tune itself is a little more aggressive on the engine side than I normally run, but everything about it was on the lines to the correct things to change and a whole lot better than what you had to start with from the previous tuner. I imagine the owner was pretty happy with it?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Very happy customer, i believe he was hesitant to spend the cash at first. I think he has no regrets. Im anxious to get one on the dyno for some vvt and hpfp tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    More to the story, truck is throwing a bank 2 imbalance code. Trans was definitely not the stock trans. Without having the truck to get a data log my theory is the transmission installer left a exhaust leak, richening bank 2 and possibly causing the power difference over other trucks. This is the second truck I've had with a new transmission installed that threw a bank imbalance code, last one was showing lean on one bank making me think exhaust or intake sealing issues.