Thread: Car alarm goes off when locking the doors with control on my key ring

Car alarm goes off when locking the doors with control on my key ring

I just flashed the first time to my 04 vette. I changed shift points, tire size, and disabled code P0135 (for stock O2 heater not connected do to LC-1 install).

My car ran great on a 30 minute drive. I parked the car and hit the lock button on the key ring and the lights started flashing and the horn started honking. I hit the unlock button and it stopped. It did this several time. I could hear the door locking each time as the alarm went off. I had to lock the door using the button in the car.

Any ideas what is going on. I could install the base tune back in...

Do your brake and backup lights work?
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    Do your brake and backup lights work?
    No, they do not. So what have I done, better yet how do I fix it?

Follow your tail light wiring harness down to the plug on the passenger side of the differential. Check for a loose plug, wire, corrosion, etc. You're missing a ground, and it's the same ground that allows your alarm system to arm. Fix your light problem, and you'll fix your alarm problem.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    Follow your tail light wiring harness down to the plug on the passenger side of the differential. Check for a loose plug, wire, corrosion, etc. You're missing a ground, and it's the same ground that allows your alarm system to arm. Fix your light problem, and you'll fix your alarm problem.
    I'll give that a shot. I also noticed that if I press the brake pedal my driving lights go off and the fog lights come on along with all the dash lights....

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike04
    I also noticed that if I press the brake pedal my driving lights go off and the fog lights come on along with all the dash lights.
    Then this is definitely the problem. The brake lights use the same ground, and because it's missing, the brake lights find a ground via other lamps, and in doing so, illuminate them.
    Best regards,
    Bill