Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Advice on a 2006 Pontiac GTO

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    WB=#1 investment when just starting out tuning

It just makes life so much easier.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Well...what did the WB tell you - how lean? and were did you end up on the AFR final?

Glad it's running well for you now, I know I will never tune without a WB setup. Have been tuning carb's on the dyno for a long time, just starting with this EFI stuff like you.

Senior Tuner
    I will post a log of how lean he was, pretty bad. I got his AFR error to be around 1%, then set up his PE to 12.8 (safe) and timing at 24 or 26. I will post the bin file as well (unless LS2Greg is oppose to it?).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    I will post a log of how lean he was, pretty bad. I got his AFR error to be around 1%, then set up his PE to 12.8 (safe) and timing at 24 or 26. I will post the bin file as well (unless LS2Greg is oppose to it?).
    Of course not George, by all means! Everyone in here has spent time trying to help me out and learn so they deserve it

Thanks again for your time and help on my car, I really appreciate it!
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Turn off decel fuel cutoff by changing *all* the parameters to disable it.
    EC, other than setting DFCO enable temp to 493*F, what else do you need to change?

Also, is "acceleration based filter coef, accel thresh and accel max" used on LS2 GTO's?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Hmm, I do not have the lean first log. But I do have the before and after tunes, for your viewing pleasure.
    Last edited by 12secSS; 04-02-2012 at 06:56 PM.

not to hijack the thread but i also have a 06 GTO and i just got it back from the shop so i finaly have time to mess with it again. Ive got the MAF off and did a log but i get all sorts of high numbers towards the outside of the LTFT vs MAP hystogram. heres my log so whatever you think please leme know

Tuner in Training
    Good luck with that bro. If I were you, I'd try and contact George (12secss) directly. He's awesome!
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSXGOAT
    not to hijack the thread but i also have a 06 GTO and i just got it back from the shop so i finaly have time to mess with it again. Ive got the MAF off and did a log but i get all sorts of high numbers towards the outside of the LTFT vs MAP hystogram. heres my log so whatever you think please leme know
    Well, what I would initially do is multiply your VE table by 6%. this should put you on the rich side. Also you will be able to tune with the LTFT without risking lean spots. The reason for being lean is because the VE Table is now the main force for fueling calculations, and it will be slightly off. Once you re-enable the MAF (if you chose to do so) you will need to tune the MAF Table using the fuel trims as well. Good luck and it doesn't look to bad for a stock setup.

not completely stock, JBA headers, JBA catted mids, H-pipe, super 40's, IAT relocator. Thats it as far as power adders.

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Hmm, I do not have the lean first log. But I do have the before and after tunes, for your viewing pleasure.
    Ok... I just thought that I would post and let you guys know that this tune by 12secSS is pretty solid. I just got my first LS2 in the shop the other day and althought it may be cheating i did use his tune as a base. After a few pulls on the dyno it's average gains were 6hp/7tq with peak gains of 9hp/11tq. I did manage to tweak it out to peak gains of 16hp/17tq but I also have a dyno.
    Basically I'm just trying to give props to 12secSS for a very solid tune that is fairly safe for 91octane with substantial gains for tuning it with a butt dyno. It's nice to have a forum to go to with this kind of information with minimal bs.

Thanks George and thanx HPT
    Steve
    Last edited by mm_n_p; 05-08-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Senior Tuner
    Wow, thanks! Nice too see that my 34 year old (butt) dyno is still pretty good. Glad that tune worked out well for you, those are good gains.

Tuner in Training
    I am just finishing up a 100 dry shot. Will I be ok with that tune?
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LS2Greg
    I am just finishing up a 100 dry shot. Will I be ok with that tune?
    I am new here, but I'll take a stab.
    100 shot dry needs a 100 hp shot of fuel...from the tune.
    Hence, you need a wbo2 installed on the car and log your n20 tune and runs.

Injectors up to snuff? I had to do 42s to get a comfy afr and inj safety on 100 dry and 100na add ons to my factory ls1gto.
    I like a fuel psi gauge on the rail taped to the windshield or watched on the dyno.
    This way you can quickly see how the fuel system is keeping up.
    GTOs get soft fuel ppsi after long pull (40-140) after you get some real horsepower rockin no matter how you make the hp.
    Last edited by Swampgoat; 04-22-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I think the injectors will be fine with the dry 100 shot. I'm just worried that the tune isn't optimal. Would love for someone to take a look at it and tell me what they think.
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

I think the injectors will be fine with the dry 100 shot. I'm just worried that the tune isn't optimal. Would love for someone to take a look at it and tell me what they think.
    If you're using stock injectors I wouldn't simply hope that the injectors will work. What is your current IDC in the areas you'll be spraying?

An even more important question is prior to buying and hookin up your cheap go fast juice, did you buy a WB yet?

Tuner in Training
    I never said I "hoped" the injectors would be fine, I said I "think" they will. Big difference as I've done some searching and the stockers seem fine on a 100 shot setup.

As far as a WB goes, the car was tuned on a WB. And I will be using an FJO progressive controller to monitor just about everything along with an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. So I think I'm covered in that sense.

But just an FYI, I am getting it retuned on the dyno by 12secSS in about 2 weeks. I think that's the right move as I don't want to cut corners...
    2006 GTO - CGM M6 18s

Potential Tuner
    I am in need for a tune setup for a 06 goat with cai, cats deleted, midpipe, flowmaster mufflers, and tick performance sns stage 2 cam. 231/235 .625/.605 LSA111+2. Please help!! Or point me in the right direction. Using hptuner. Have deleted rear 02’s and turned off error reporting on 02 codes, and disabled cags. Thank you so much in advance

Joe