Thread: 2013 Challenger Sprintex 3.6 WOT Delay vs 2018 Challenger Sprintex 3.6 WOT Delay

Advanced Tuner

2013 Challenger Sprintex 3.6 WOT Delay vs 2018 Challenger Sprintex 3.6 WOT Delay

I'm currently tuning two Challenger 3.6's with Sprintex SPS kits on them and cannot get rid of the significant delay to WOT on the 2013 (in comparison to the 2018).
    Both have the same tuning parameters, bar some slight changes to the VE and spark tables.
    However, the 2013 takes near 0.8sec for the TB to fully open once the pedal hits the "ETC Pedal WOT" threshold (2.5V) compared to only around 0.2sec for the 2018.
    This really kills the 0-60 and takes away the advantage of the "instant boost" and power that the PD blower is capable of producing.

The image below is the closest comparison of the two vehicles I have on a "brake boosted" launch. Time scales are the same for both graphs to clearly show the WOT delay from when the accelerator pedal voltage (red) hits the ETC pedal WOT threshold (red reference line) to when the TB (white) is virtually at WOT.
    throttle delay.png

The delay on the 2013 happens regardless of whether the vehicle is "brake boost" launched at >2000rpm, from a standstill or even from a low-speed roll.
    ESP torque management (spark, FSO and ETC) has been disabled on both vehicles and the traction control and ESP has been turned off.
    Torque source always remains on "pedal" in every data log.
    I have tried halving the torque model (incase it's hitting some hidden torque limit) to no avail.
    I usually tune 2014+ boosted 3.6's and I have not come across this issue with any of them.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HaasExp; 12-07-2023 at 07:42 AM.

Known problem, we were able to find a solution.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    we were able to find a solution.
    Oh you managed to find a solution? Care to share?