Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L83 Swap Throttle Hang Issues

Tuning Addict
    Torque management - Default trans limit - max this table out. Might want to raise the rest too. It "should" rev at that point. Yes, probably best to use manual camaro OS because without being able to change to a manual setup it may still have problems even then.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Torque management - Default trans limit - max this table out. Might want to raise the rest too. It "should" rev at that point. Yes, probably best to use manual camaro OS because without being able to change to a manual setup it may still have problems even then.
    Sorry, to be more clear it does rev up but is a bit laggy. And coming back to idle from any rpm is extremely slow. You can see the throttle very slowly closing on the log. Will that trans limit table help there?

Tuning Addict
    It'll help the rev since there isn't a tranny there for it to talk to which will make it use that table causing it to limit the rpms and rev speed. Might affect decel too - don't know on that one.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Revving up is much happier, and revving down is quite a bit better above 2300rpms. But once it gets down to 2300ish it's still very slow to get back down to idle. I have my file and a log attached

You can see Throttle following Pedal until around 30% when it revs down, then it slowly makes it's way down to 19ish to rest
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by l83; 12-19-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Tuning Addict
    You can try this plus make the pedal progression table more negative. Basically you need to make up for the increased torque from the trans drag being gone.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Will changing the Torque Coefficients that you changed make a difference in my instance? It was my understanding that i'd need to change the E85 coefficients since my calibration has flex fuel enabled. I'm new to this though so if not that's good to know

coeff.JPG

Tuning Addict
    You should be tuning gas first and foremost. If you plan on running e85 then you may need to make the same changes to it, but need to get gas right then do full E and work your way back to pure gas with the multiplies to get everything right. You need to tune in your VE and MAF too. It needs to know the airflow and torque it's making.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    You can try this plus make the pedal progression table more negative. Basically you need to make up for the increased torque from the trans drag being gone.
    No change with this one. I even went pretty extreme with Pedal Progression but it still behaves the same

Stock Pedal Progression
    stockPedal.JPG

Modified Pedal Progression
    modPedal.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by l83 View Post
    No change with this one. I even went pretty extreme with Pedal Progression but it still behaves the same

Stock Pedal Progression
    stockPedal.JPG

Modified Pedal Progression
    modPedal.JPG
    After this post I put the entire table negative and it made no change to decel speed/rate. It did make the engine not startup without pressing the throttle though, so it doesn't seem to have the effect we want it to have on decel rate

Tuning Addict
    It does affect the decel rate along with rev matching on the manuals and so on, but the way your doing it is what's hurting the rest. The axis on the left is pedal position. The 0 is idle. Making the rest negative will also keep it from revving. Making the idle cell negative will make idle timing and torque more negative. Both are unwanted at idle. Usually increasing the lower load areas of the torque model will make it close due to how the modifiers use it. Surprised it didn't make any difference this time around. The only other thing I can think that you can try is to make idle timing negative for the base and min tables and the lowest load of the main spark table very low too. Part of the problem is also where you made the DD 0 position all 0. These should stay negative and more so kind of how you did the pedal progression for the 2 to work together. I'll take another look in a bit when I get another sec.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    You'll have to open and write entire with this one. Then I would recommend trying different trans configurations to see if any of them change it.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    You'll have to open and write entire with this one. Then I would recommend trying different trans configurations to see if any of them change it.
    Man, I appreciate the time you've put into this. It's definitely better, but no change to throttle. It does settle to idle much faster with the negative timing, and I think I might just have to live with it that way unless you have another idea. I'm at a loss for additional steps honestly

What you did on that last file though is miles better audibly. Just can still see on the log that the throttle behavior hasn't changed

Tuning Addict
    Write entire with this one. I may have screwed up the torque model before further thinking about what the map side controls, so this time a took a chunk out to try and force the throttle to close quicker.

As far as the background changes I've made. The previous one I killed some torque limits to allow it to rev better. In this one I killed some test since it's in a boat and no longer on the road. Don't know if any of those would affect this or not.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    I could possibly make it close quicker if I had one other background table, but I don't for this OS. You might even be able to play with the etc scaler "max throttle area" by making it a whole lot bigger or smaller to see if it has any affect. The main problem is the lack of drag and getting the throttle controls to work with that. Maybe even 0 out or increase the AC load torque multipliers. Should only be for AC but the 0 load always seems to play into idle control too.

~Greg Huggins~