Thread: 2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4T HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Tuner in Training

2013 Chevy Cruze 1.4T HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Hello all i have a 13 cruze that my wife got me as a spare car since i cant take the kids to school in a full blown drag car. the previous owner had installed an intake in it and since i do not want to go buy a stock air box because i do like how it sounds with an intake. I figured some one here could help me out in getting this thing pretty nicely drivable car is so freaking lean its absurd if any one is willing to help me out here with some injector adjustments that be super great.. here is the backup file for this car. thanks to whom ever helps me out in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

People are going to want a data log proving that it's lean before just randomly adding fuel to a tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    your right im goign to be getting one here in a few been running around all morning. here is a pretty long drive log of the car.

Negative long term trims like that means it's rich, not lean.

If that intake is not the same diameter as the factory intake and the MAF is in a different place, that will require some tuning to fix.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    would you be able to give me a hand with this issue to get this drivable. This seems like a really decent car to have and i do need something that will help me with gas mileage. i currently drive a gas guzzling 7.0 stroker and holy crap it can drink ethanol like crazy.

Is that tune file the stock file for this car, or the current tune that you're running?
    What kind of intake is on the car? If it's just running an intake, but the MAF sensor was not touched, including the housing diameter, then nothing about the fueling should be compensated.
    And please list everything else that was changed compared to stock.

You are missing a lot of things in the log file:

xDJggqCRnI.png

EAh96UI7O7.png

Tuner in Training
    only intake and thats actually the stock un modified file from the car.. i saw what you meant about it being rich and its pulling fuel like crazy and its a Rtune Intake so in best words its an off brand intake the Maf sensor is in the stock location and ive checked the intake tube size and it measures the same as stock. everything else is unmodified.

Well that's a shit intake then. It has higher air speed at the MAF than what it had stock, for the same airflow. A not-shit intake will go lean if not tuned, because air speed at the MAF will decrease for the same airflow.

Tuner in Training
    came with the car i called the previous owner and asked what brand it was. i'm a hemi guy this like i said is a daily tired of throwing money away on ethanol cause of my big a** injectors on that thing.

On the second look, you have 3 check engine codes logged

P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1) (Pending, Permanent)
    P1101 (Pending, Permanent)
    P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (Permanent)

Just a random brainwave, but is the MAF sensor installed correctly? And not accidentally flipped by 180 degrees?

Edit:
    And it would be nice if you could post a new log with all these parameters i mentioned above.

Tuner in Training
    will do in the am whn i add all those for that car thanks all for helping.

Tuner in Training

Recent Log of this cruze

Hey all as requested by you guys i just got around to doing a new log for the car today. please let me know if any one could help getting the car straightened up. I don't wanna make more power or add any hp to this i just wanna make it as reliable driving based on the fueling that will be better then stock since i know that these cars are very very lean from the factory just wanna get it to run at its best. thanks all.

How does the car behave if you simply plug off the MAF sensor and keep driving (please log this)?

The P1101 code makes me think the MAF died, or somebody cleaned it in some aggressive cleaning agent and killed it. A simple tune most likely isn't going to fix this. Judging by the map file, it should work okay for what you have.

Tuner in Training
    I thought the same thing about the maf so i replaced it with a new one from acdelco and it does the same exact thing. basically to explain what it does is starts up nd as its starting to warm up it shakes and seems like it misfires. turbo spools up which i can hear and the moment it blows out pressure it idles great. there where small times which driving it it would die on me coming to a stop. then it wouldnt do it again. now it comes to a stop and it shakes like it is missing but there are no misfire dtc's and it has come to a point where it just lost power and no matter what i do with the throttle it would just die on me.so i parked it and now its a lawn ornament.

You could always put the stock intake tube back on it* and then proceed to diagnose it as if it were stock (since it would be). But that's crazy talk, no one would ever go to that much trouble.

*before you remind me it was already gone when you got the car, there's these things called 'junkyards', and Ebay.

Tuner in Training
    your right i thought about that just recently had that idea. i may go ahead and place the order to get that if it has no other fix. thanks for the help and the advice greatly appreciated.