Thread: Cant find the PCM. (Says that)

Cant find the PCM. (Says that)

Thats what it says when I try to read or write my car. I tried doing this in two cars. and it still said the same. Also the VCM scanner will not connect and say the same thing. COuld it be that my Hptuners box is fried or what.

check your cigrate lighter fuse may be its blown and you are not getting power to interface module

If you plug in JUST the MPVI to the OBDII port does the green light come on? If not, see above ^^^
    Always Support Our Troops!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    also are you putting the key in the run position? If not it will give that error.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

yeah, it was working fine before, we were actually tunning, and all of the sudden. it didnt connect. its not the fuse since it does the same thing in two cars.

See my previous request.

yes the green light does come on when you install it to the odbport by itself.

Two more things to try before contacting support:

1. Delete or rename your VCM Scanner.cfg, VCM Editor.cfg, and VCM Suite.cfg files from your HPTuners\VCM Suite2 directory on your hard drive. You will have to re-enter your application key afterwards and any custom PIDs you may have but this helped me on a Cobalt SS (LSJ) I tuned recently.

2. New USB cable

If neither of these fixes it then it's time to contact support.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 03-07-2007 at 12:43 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Two more things to try before contacting support:

1. Delete or rename your VCM Scanner.cfg, VCM Editor.cfg, and VCM Suite.cfg files from your HPTuners\VCM Suite2 directory on your hard drive. You will have to re-enter your application key afterwards and any custom PIDs you may have but this helped me on a Cobalt SS (LSJ) I tuned recently.

2. New USB cable

If neither of these fixes it then it's time to contact support.

What he said.
    There is a minor issue with the software with remeber the last vehicle setup it used. It affects any vehicle that has the ability to send the VIN on both the VPW data and CAN bus.

Deleting those configuration files is the work around for now.

-Ken