Wondering if anyone else ran into any of these issues with their MPVI3 upgrade...while I did see the upgrade as a necessity...my MPVI was just too old and limited especially when trying to use it with the later versions of VCM Suite, newer OS and much faster PCs. The Bluetooth functionality and ability to use Track Addict with Android sweetened the deal at least from my perspective.
Upon receipt I went through all instructions thoroughly, resynced, updated firmware and was able to connect with my vehicle and upload a new tune. Followed this up with building a new layout in VCM Scanner added my PLX wideband (wired in a new Prolink as well for feeding the afr signal into the MPVI3 which worked perfectly). This is as normal as it got because as I didn't notice until after I went and logged a drive loop that although Knock Retard was shown as a channel on my graph display there was no data present not even '0'. This is a factory parameter channel that was always present is previous versions of VCM Suite. Now it isn't even a selection from the add channel menu which is populated from a read of the ECM if I'm not mistaken.
Next I discovered the copy/paste function within VCM Editor was not functional. Along the way after downloading Track Addict to my Samsung Android I was unable to get the phone to pair with Bluetooth or my HP laptop for that matter. Both devices while they 'see' the MPVI3 they both report that a firmware upgrade is required for operational functionality.
The latest issue I found was the inability to pull logs remotely. I logged a new drive loop starting and stopping the record function per instructions on the MPVI3 before removing from the OBD port. upon connection to my laptop I received a warning that an 'MVPI2' needs to be updated to the Pro version in order to perform remote logging. Plugging the unit back into the OBD2 port and powering the ignition I was able to then pull logs using the USB cable.
I am using the latest stable version of VCM Suite--5.0.4, my phone is a Galaxy A12 at Android ver 12, PC is a Quad core HP Pavilion with 12gig of ram, no lack of IT horsepower here. The primary vehicle being tuned is my 01' Chevy S10, turbo LN4, 44lb injectors, etc, that I've been tuning with HPT since 2010.

While I am still able to tune it is a 'bit' more labor intensive and hamstrung with the missing parameters.