Thread: I think I fried my pcm somehow.

Tuner

I think I fried my pcm somehow.

I was reflashing my pcm today then went to do some logging.it says interface detected but no vehical power was detected.I checked and there is power to the aldl.Also if i set codes the pcm won't turn on the cel. The only thing that seems to comunicate with the pcm is the aeroforce gauge.
    Any Ideas or do I just go get a new pcm.I tried the hp tuners scaner on my Envoy and it works fine.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Does your vehicle start, run & drive? Please expand on your situation.

Thanks
    Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Yes the car starts and drives.If i unplug sensors to set codes the cel doesn't
    come on.but I know there are codes cause I can read them with the aeroforce gauge.I tried to scan it with the Gm Tech II scan tool and it doesn't even comunicate with it.I was able to reflash it with the tech II but now I am going to have to put the stock injectors back in,cause it barly runs on the stock tune for 34 lbrs as opposed to the 60's keeps setting a p0172 rich limit code.
    Thanks,Chris.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    FWIW just because you have a code it doesnt mean the ses will come on immediatly. You can unplug the maf sensor on ls1 cars & it wont show for a little while usually.

Tuner in Training
    check the fuse for the ODB2 port....
    2000 Chevy Cavalier (being completed)
    1987 Dodge D150 Turbocharged Slantsix EFI!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=aeroforce

seems like the aeroforce gauge might be part of the problem...i knew i remember reading about a similar issue.

Tuner in Training
    I had this same issue,
    check all of your fuses, mainly your cigarette lighter fuse and check your power ground on the transmission bell housing. I had a problem with hptuners for almost two weeks. come to find one one fuse was actually bad even tho the fuse itself wasnt broken, my ground was loose and i was actually completely missing a fuse but that isnt an issue for you because you have used hp tuners before. Check the ground on the transmission and your fuses. Imphatcav helped me alot when i had this same situation.

Tuner
    it works now sometimes I have to plug it in and unplug it from the laptop poss something wrong with the usb drivers.?or maybe my antivirus?