Thread: 2021 f150 lowering speed limiter

Potential Tuner

2021 f150 lowering speed limiter

Is hp tuners capable of lowering the speedlimiter to 70mph. I have a fleet of trucks that i need to adjust this on, but before I buy a new mpvi3 to do it. I wanted to make sure it had the capability

Yes, you can adjust the speed limiter with Hp Tuners.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

I believe you can do it with forscan for free. With HPT you would have to license every truck.

Potential Tuner
    Tried with forscan and a ford fdrs. Neither one will adjust the speed limiter. Got the new mpvi3 in hand and it won't read the pcm either to even pull the file.

Potential Tuner
    Just found this pcm needs sent in to be modified before I can tune it.

Did you try the beta software?

Potential Tuner
    I haven't. But i'll try that

I'm not into the "My key" option myself but I think it lowers the limit to 85 MPH and makes them wear the seat belt if they want to listen to the radio. If you keep the master keys and just give fleet drivers the child key at least it reduces the potential speeders.

have you called your ford dealer? They should be able to do that for you. My work truck has a speed limiter of 66 MPH.

Potential Tuner
    My key isn't an option for these trucks. its disabled and i can't get it turned on. I'm just trying to read the file currently. I downloaded the beta software and it still wants me to select the hardware. I selected tc-298 B, 2019+ Ford. But when i hit read all i get is a message that says submitting request to hp tuner server. and nothing ever pops up after that. My question is do i need to send the pcm in to be modified before I can even pull the file. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    I've done all of that. Even after getting the pcm unlocked it still won't read the file out.

Tuner in Training

Lowering speed limiter

Quote Originally Posted by runninbroke View Post
    Is hp tuners capable of lowering the speedlimiter to 70mph. I have a fleet of trucks that i need to adjust this on, but before I buy a new mpvi3 to do it. I wanted to make sure it had the capability
    you can lower it to 70 using my key in the dash settings.

Quote Originally Posted by crown159 View Post
    you can lower it to 70 using my key in the dash settings.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post762465