Thread: E39 Help Please

Tuner in Training

E39 Help Please

Hi everyone I am hoping someone can lead me down the right path or even lend a hand.
    I have a 2010 VE Commodore (Aussie) which had a 3.0L LF1 engine in it.
    Engine was completely ruined by previous owner (no servicing done) otherwise rest of vehicle was in good shape.
    Could not find a low km LF1 engine to fit but could get a LFW engine which is identical, same power output etc but they were flex fuel capable.
    Anyway fitted the LFW on the stock 2010 ECU and runs absolutely fine and heaps of power BUT the LTFT were +25 to 30 and fuel economy is terrible.
    Did some homework and found that the 2011 LFW engines had the same injectors but the 2012 one i fitted has smaller injectors.
    So after reading a lot of posts I know I have to change the injector data in the 2010 ECU to match what is in the 2012 ECU but I am not sure which other tables I should copy over. I managed to get reads on a freshly written from SPS programming of the stock ECU's from a 2010, 2011 & 2012 ECU and have attached to this post. I know the 2010 & 2011 have the same IAT & MAF and all other sensors bar the flex fuel are the same. The 2012 has a different MAF and an extra sensor (not sure what it is) but all other sensors bar the flex fuel are the same.
    Could someone please have a look at the maps and tell me what I need to do before I buy credits and write the new 2010 one back or is it a matter of trial and error to get it right? All stock including intake, exhausts everything. Ignore that the files all have the same VIN I have a utility that writes the eeprom data back to the ECU on the E39 and that made it possible to test each ECU in the car to see what codes came up and I have to use the 2010 one as to many changes and to many codes to just use another stock file from another year. Worth a try but didn't work

2010_VE_COMMODORE_3.0L.hpt
    2011_VE_COMMODORE_3.0L.hpt
    2012_VE_COMMODORE_3.0L.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Wow 99 views and ZERO replies. Hmm is it my deodorant I wonder?
    Anyway all good I did the changes 1 by 1 over 10 files and worked back through them and car runs smoothly and fuel usage is where it should be.
    Working out the difference with the MAF and how it works with the settings was the main problem but once I worked it out it turned out to be fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SharewareOZ View Post
    Wow 99 views and ZERO replies. Hmm is it my deodorant I wonder?
    Anyway all good I did the changes 1 by 1 over 10 files and worked back through them and car runs smoothly and fuel usage is where it should be.
    Working out the difference with the MAF and how it works with the settings was the main problem but once I worked it out it turned out to be fairly easy.
    Glad you were able to figure it out! Honestly, this V6 forum doesn't seem to get too much traffic, so don't be surprised when there is little or no feedback. I end up browsing the Gen 5 V8 forum more often to gain insights about tuning my LGX engine.

Tuner in Training
    All good mate I have done plenty of Harleys over the years but not a lot to do with cars until recently so it was a bit of a learning curve but all running good now with just couple of tweaks since my last post but LTFT both banks less than 5% and plugs and O2 sensors looking good it is pretty much just drive it now