Thread: Hemi Swaped Commander

Potential Tuner

Hemi Swaped Commander

I just completed a hemi swap on a 4.7 jeep commander using the 4.7 ecm. I made a billet adapter for the 4.7 throttle body for now. It has good drivability but I know it needs tuned. I went in to connect to the ecm last night and have no comms from either the scanner or the tuner. Prior to the swap I had full communication. The only sensors that need the pigtails swapped were the crank, oil sender and knock sensors. Aside from back probing from the DLC to the ecm I am not sure where to go from here. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavins View Post
    I just completed a hemi swap on a 4.7 jeep commander using the 4.7 ecm. I made a billet adapter for the 4.7 throttle body for now. It has good drivability but I know it needs tuned. I went in to connect to the ecm last night and have no comms from either the scanner or the tuner. Prior to the swap I had full communication. The only sensors that need the pigtails swapped were the crank, oil sender and knock sensors. Aside from back probing from the DLC to the ecm I am not sure where to go from here. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    Update. Did establish communication, but I went in to turn off my egr ses and I am still getting a p0406 that still sets a mil light. Mind you I am pretty new to tuning a factory computer. My experience is with tuner studio and mega squirt.

Potential Tuner
    this is very interesting to me - i have no input to your issue but does this mean you are running an OS that supports factory flex fuel?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBrat View Post
    this is very interesting to me - i have no input to your issue but does this mean you are running an OS that supports factory flex fuel?
    No I dont believe that this is a flex fuel system. At least there is no indication of it anyways.