Thread: 2011 3.5 l ecoboost spark timing help

Tuner in Training

2011 3.5 l ecoboost spark timing help

hi im new to tuning and i have a 2011 ford f150 3.5l ecoboost it has a sct tune on it. just one of sct box tunes. i wondering if theres any way i could get some more spark timing on regular 87 fuel? the truck has more than enough power. I'll post the tune i running right now and let you guys see what you think. also if sct is doing something thats tearing up my motor let me know. i dont know enough about tuning to look at the tune and see whats gonna hurt something. truck runs great and has more than enough torque and hp for me id just like a little better mpg when i get on the highway and cruise at 70mph. or maybe theres other stuff other than timing that helps that? i ran a 15.08 afr and havent noticed much difference[ ATTACH]140914[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can modify the stoich value in the ecu, but that just changes the fueling calculations. You can't change the afr target while the ecu is commanding stoich as the fuel source.

Also, the stock ecu will add timing where it can to improve power output. About all you can do to improve fuel consumption is to alter shift points to keep it in higher gears longer, shift sooner, and keep the speed down while cruising.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Tuner
    Running the truck with a leaner fuel mixture is going to raise nox emissions and heat up the cat more. You might get marginally better gas but like Evo8john stated, the best way is to work on your transmission gearing.

You could increase spark a little but the way the computer works, it should be trying to increase spark when it can and seems to work well.