Thread: L86 stage 2 cam idle issue.

Potential Tuner

L86 stage 2 cam idle issue.

Hi, ive recently had a tuner do a insanely good job tuning my truck. It starts and idles so smooth youd think its stock yet it has a stage 2 cam. I couldn't be happier..

The problem however starts after 5 or 6 days of driving when the throttle starts learning and adds over 50% throttle body compensation. This leads to the engine dipping after throttle, the odd stall when doing short accellerations, and essentially all the polished aspects of the tune is gone. If i do an Idle relearn the smoothness and drivability instantly comes back for again around 5 or 6 days. Just doing a 30 min drive and you can see the compensation is already creaping up to 5%.

Any idea on how to keep the trucks ecm from changing that? is it something in the tune, or hptuners that can set the baseline for the throttle body?

Or is their something mechanically wrong with tge truck causing this?

Thanks.

Tuning Addict
    Tune and Log. Most likely torque model or VE are wrong so if you just want to focus on those.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Hey there.... I just did a BTR stage 2 on my 18 escalade, and I cannot get the idle to settle down at all. Would you be willing to share your tune with me so I can capture the idle parameters and compare the other items?