Thread: tcm bench flash/ company tune

tcm bench flash/ company tune

was at the local repair shop the other day and their mechanic asked me the following.

" we put in jasper transmissions, mainly 6 speeds, and they sent us a file to put into the tcm or pcm on older vehicles. Can you put that file in with your HP?" i told im i didnt think so,, but if they would be willing to buy a bench harness i thought i could just write in a hp tune file, but i would have to check into it.

Is this something that can be done? as usual i get conflicting answer searching forums. so how about it?

"a file", "that file"... Without knowing what the file is, who can say one way or the other?

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    "a file", "that file"... Without knowing what the file is, who can say one way or the other?
    I thought the same thing. that's about all he would say is they send a file to be used in their reman transmissions.

I looked on jasper and they(according to their site and instruction video) send a RTD with them and you use an app on a smartphone to write their file into it. i'm not sure exactly wat he's wanting.

next question is can i just write in a hp tuners file without gm or jasper having to do it first? some forums suggest that gm must flash them first, while others do not.

Tuner in Training
    Jasper is using HPT. Jasper knows the story on the lifters of death. They would not / cannot sell a 3yr / 100k warranty on their Gen4 remanufactured stuff without deleting the engineering defects from GM.

Quote Originally Posted by chumba View Post
    Jasper is using HPT. Jasper knows the story on the lifters of death. They would not / cannot sell a 3yr / 100k warranty on their Gen4 remanufactured stuff without deleting the engineering defects from GM.
    I'm not talking lifters in engines. i know i could write a pcm or ecm no issue. im asking about late model tcm, like would be in the 6l80/6l90,etc..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TZTuning View Post
    I'm not talking lifters in engines. i know i could write a pcm or ecm no issue. im asking about late model tcm, like would be in the 6l80/6l90,etc..
    6 speeds have been out since around 2007. If you can write the ECM, you can most definitely write to the TCM. Ive seen the file from Jasper, and I wouldnt use it. lol