Thread: E41 ECM Read Failed

Potential Tuner

E41 ECM Read Failed

I have a 2019 L5D and the MVPI3. Everything is connected properly, and I am connected to the internet. When I try the initial read, the VCM Editor fails to retrieve flash data. I have tried different PCs and gotten the same error. Also, I attempted to read the ECM with the TDN app and i got a "Convert seed to key, failed" error. I have submitted a ticket already and am waiting for a response. Does anyone know what will cause the editor to fail to retrieve the flash data from HP tuners?

Far as i know, these are write only ECU's. So based on your vin HPT generates the stock file for you to start. So its not reading out your calibration per se

As for why it fails, that i am unsure and HPT would be best to address i'd say.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Potential Tuner
    GM e41 ECM upgrade kit has to be used with MPVI3 to work on cars such a

Potential Tuner
    I?m having the same issue on my 2020 Duramax, I have the MPVI 2+ and the GM E41 unlock kit. Did you figure out why yours was not reading ?

Hey guys! I am having this same issue. Has anyone come up with the solution?

Tuner in Training
    Resync your device and check to make sure it has not been disabled.

For everyone having issues.. i have seen multiple people NOT put the red and white wire in the correct location on the ECM fuse.. Or using the wrong fuse all together. 2017-19 are a different fuse than the 20+

Also make sure the batteries are good and charged

Internet needs to be GOOD
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth