Thread: Dod tuning in trans

Potential Tuner

Dod tuning in trans

I am gonna turn dod/afm off on my 2016 silvarado but i want to turn off dod slip to. So do i have to write to the tcm to?

If you change anything in the transmission side, yes you must flash the TCM too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry i know this sounded like a dumb ? But with all the modules talkin back and forth i didnt know if just a small change as that would warrent a rewrite on the tranny side.

Thanks for your reply

Tuner in Training
    What did you end up deciding to do? I have a manual trans, so don't know the definitive answer, but in my mind... if you disabled DoD on the engine side, the trans should never even need to utilize the DoD slip function so probably not worth flashing the entire TCM for that.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by itspeat View Post
    What did you end up deciding to do? I have a manual trans, so don't know the definitive answer, but in my mind... if you disabled DoD on the engine side, the trans should never even need to utilize the DoD slip function so probably not worth flashing the entire TCM for that.
    Correct.

But common practice is to zero the dod slip tables anyway to give the warm fuzzy feeling.