Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have to start over - Write Entire is SCARY!

MSPaint to the rescue.

adapters-mspaint.jpg

All injectors can rotate while clipped in, if that would cause a leak we'd all be dead because everything with port injection would have killed everybody with fire. I suspect yours leaked because there was something not right with it.

The problem with rotating the stock LSA injectors in the LSA manifold is that the injectors are trapped in that annoyingly-small little pocket and the connector will hit aluminum before the spray can get around to a clear area of the port.
    Last edited by blindsquirrel; 12-26-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks for the images - makes sense. It looks like it sprays the other way but... apparently not?
    Yes, that area is very tiny and it can't spin very much if at all. I will reach out to FIC about all this as well.
    Ron??

The LSA should've had the injectors inside the lid. Wouldn't be an issue then, and wouldn't have required the oddball spray pattern in the first place.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboShrimp View Post
    Thanks for the images - makes sense. It looks like it sprays the other way but... apparently not?
    Yes, that area is very tiny and it can't spin very much if at all. I will reach out to FIC about all this as well.
    Ron??
    Not sure what to say. I still believe that after that spray fans out it's hitting the adapter.
    I don't know if you have 4 hole injectors or a single hole. They basically have the pintle ball visible when they begin getting larger.
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

screenshot.29-12-2023 23.23.10.png

Does that help?

I have always thought that it would be better with the thinnest 'adapter' possible to still get the gaskets to seal up and to hell with worrying about a smooth transition between the port differences. Thinner adapter would get the injector closer to free air inside the port.

D'oh!
    I did not see that drawing till today - I must not have this thread set to notify me or some other DumbAss move.
    Yes, that helps and confirms what both are talking about.
    The current injectors are the Short Deka 60's - so they DO spray straight down? Which is better, but the adapter may still be the issue?
    Central PA is DONE with C5 Season - another 8" of snow today. I guess it's time to get wrenching....

Thanks again - sorry for the delay.

An Update

I was told to and have decided to get rid of the SD tune and run MAF. I am in the process of getting MORE poop into my 5# bag.

Also, I found THESE adapters (catedral - rectangular) on the LSA FB Group. Notice the Notch in the injector's corner. The guy I got them from bought them used and didn't know who made them but that notch say that someone had a problem and addressed it.

NewAdapters_WithNotch (Medium).jpg

They also use the OEM gasket on the head side - vs the RTV on the Phenolic adapter. The RTV has been brought up as a weak link in the chain - maybe / maybe not. I like the gasket better.

OldAdapters_NoNotch_1.jpg

My next move is to pull the blower and swap the adapters - after I clean all that RTV off AGAIN! Also working on a wat to get the intake tube over the Rad using a 'performance' Air Bridge. I will put the MAF directly in front of the bridge after the filter. I want to get rid of the UGLEEE hole in my hood to clear the intake tube - and will do whatever it takes to make that happen

BlindSquirell - what do YOU think of the design of those plates?

Thanks all for the input and time... For the injector path renderings and the OEM Tune (AronC7) you made for me. I'm getting there...

The LSA injectors would spray onto the cathedral port head even if there were no adapter in the way. The head would need a notch in the upper right corner of the port, it's not the adapter's fault. Well, other than being so thick that raising the manifold vertically so far that it makes the issue worse.

Ultra Gray RTV is damn near bomb-proof, I don't use anything else. Gaskets or o-rings are only better if you're taking it apart once a week.

The best I have seen a MAF do is not make it run worse than without the MAF. Never seen one do better.

Thanks for that answer.
    I'm still sing the Deka 60 Shorties. I guess they spray straight vs toward the plate? Maybe that's why that notch is machined into it?
    Learning....

Senior Tuner
    No they spray straight. Are you having problems with them? If so mind posting your file so I can double check the data for you?

Senior Tuner
    Those adapter plates are a problem. The people who say they run great.. well I wonder if they are the same type that say their car runs great when you hear them stalling, bogging, and blowing smoke everywhere.

I turn them away.

You can get by when the engine is warm but it still isn't right. When it is cold it will have bad tip in issues. Pop back though intake, etc. Quick throttle moves is where the majority of the problem will be.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    No they spray straight. Are you having problems with them? If so mind posting your file so I can double check the data for you?

Thanks for the offer to look it over. Sorry for the late reply - I must not have this set to notify me of a reply.

I assume you want a Tune vs a log file. Here are 2, One is with the 'wrong' injector data but ran pretty good. Rev 40 fine fuel and spark adj.hpt

The other is after the Banish data got written in and it all went to crap. SO Rev 04D Bannish transient fuel experiment.hpt

I am waiting for a angle corrector so I can use an OTR intake. I have it mocked up and it'll work. There's a guy - Square Root Fabrication - that is 3D printing the part. Pretty amazing stuff and he does really nice work for the supercharger crowd.

Thanks again everyone!!