Thread: Converting a tune to HPT

Potential Tuner

Converting a tune to HPT

Hello, I have a tune in my truck which is locked so I can't read it. I have an EFILive tune that I would like to flash but no longer have access to their hardware but do have an MPVI3. I'm ready to buy the credits to program my truck, but don't have a HPT file to flash. I really don't want to start over from scratch and am wondering if there is anyway to convert my EFILive .tun file to an usable .hpt file?

A very kind person attempted to do this for me, but my VIN never makes it into the .hpt file, and there isn't a VIN change option for my ECM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by COPO9562 View Post
    Hello, I have a tune in my truck which is locked so I can't read it. I have an EFILive tune that I would like to flash but no longer have access to their hardware but do have an MPVI3. I'm ready to buy the credits to program my truck, but don't have a HPT file to flash. I really don't want to start over from scratch and am wondering if there is anyway to convert my EFILive .tun file to an usable .hpt file?

A very kind person attempted to do this for me, but my VIN never makes it into the .hpt file, and there isn't a VIN change option for my ECM.
    I think you can use the Tune Translation feature to convert an EFILive .tun file to an HPT file. Here are the steps to convert your EFILive .tun file to an HPT file:

Navigate to the Tune Translation page on the HP Tuners website.
    Upload your EFILive .tun file.
    Once Tune Translation completes the conversion, click the ?Download? button for your .hpt file.
    If you have any issues with the conversion process, you could try contacting the HP Tuners support team for further assistance.