Thread: Segment Swap Grayed Out

Potential Tuner

Segment Swap Grayed Out

I've searched for this and found all sorts of threads, but nothing with a helpful answer, so I'm asking here.

The segment swap option is grayed out and not selectable. I'm completely aware that the OS versions need to be the same (and they are). Though it doesn't seem like a very complex procedure, I have both read, and watched, the instructions/videos about how to do this. In everything I have seen the option isn't grayed out.

For testing purposes, I have even tried it on two identical vehicles (part of our company fleet with the same year, make, model, and options) that not only have the same OS, but also the same segment calibrations.

What am I doing wrong?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    this typically means you don't have a compatible os file open(they must be the same os id)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Same OS ID, same everything yet no joy.

Edit: How about this... what if I open the same tune file twice, then it should definitely be compatible (though no practical use for a segment swap), right?
    Last edited by COPO9562; 12-22-2023 at 06:22 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    How about this, post the files.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    How about this, post the files.
    I won't have access again till Tuesday, but, I downloaded a file from the forum and used it to test this again and have the same problem. However, I'm curious if the same file can be opened for editing as well as opened as the compare file too. Does the software care that both files (main & compare) are for the same vehicle?