Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: New Fuel Pump VE Try 2

Advanced Tuner
    No it doesn’t hold aeromotive says it isn’t supposed to so maybe that’s the whole issue wish I could insert a video here

Senior Tuner
    No I was asking why it shut off. That was you doing that?

Advanced Tuner
    Oh yeah I had to pull over a turn motor off wanted to double check the pressure again

Senior Tuner
    Right on. Start logging TPS voltage and IAC counts please.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    i can do more driving longer log in the morning, VE table still weird right? i wonder what the other guys comb is that posted with the 44lb dws
    50lb sd 4 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeallred View Post
    wtf! gonna cause me to get rid of mine! lol
    Hey man What is your Setup? Just curious to see if there?s any correlations. Any problems with your build or it runs good

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Right on. Start logging TPS voltage and IAC counts please.

two runs trying to populate as much as i can noticed sometimes the tps bounces 0-0.4 did the reset few times
    50lb sd 4 2.hpl
    50lb sd 4 3.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Is your CEL on when you're doing runs?

Advanced Tuner
    Is your CEL on when you're doing runs?
    Yes p0103 maf code
    Is it still looking like MAF is enabled?

Senior Tuner
    Just checking.

I'm looking at a stock 2001 Silverado 2500 file. Looks like factory had inflated VE, too. You can even see the same general shape down low on both, particularly the stair step across 1600rpm and 2400rpm splines. Your VE table looks consistent with how cams change the airflow profile.

VE comparison.png

We've checked everything. I'm comfortable with it. Must be something with the way VE is calculated on those.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-11-2024 at 07:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just checking.

I'm looking at a stock 2001 Silverado 2500 file. Looks like factory had inflated VE, too. You can even see the same general shape down low on both, particularly the stair step across 1600rpm and 2400rpm splines. Your VE table looks consistent with how cams change the airflow profile.

VE comparison.png

We've checked everything. I'm comfortable with it. Must be something with the way VE is calculated on those.
    Yeah I did look way back when and it was already higher in those areas vs like a gen 4 file. Do you feel safe with going wot without PE enabling up higher?

Senior Tuner
    Btw whatever happened to getting that 160* thermostat replaced with a 180*? Gotta be careful if you go to the parts store. Sometimes the chuckleheads will hand you the wrong one. Open the box and look at the stamp in the metal.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lxjoshxl View Post
    Yeah I did look way back when and it was already higher in those areas vs like a gen 4 file. Do you feel safe with going wot without PE enabling up higher?
    Open it up. PE will still come online. Look at TPS thresholds. I do this to get as many CL corrections as safely possible.

Advanced Tuner
    Btw whatever happened to getting that 160* thermostat replaced with a 180*? Gotta be careful if you go to the parts store. Sometimes the chuckleheads will hand you the wrong one. Open the box and look at the stamp in the metal.
    It’s the stock 180 it’s just so much flow from the cold case radiator there’s no restriction built in like I believe in stock rads I mean the radiator definitely was worth the money lol, but to your point its colder where I live summer time heats right up little too hot I felt after the swap

Senior Tuner
    Ah ok.

Senior Tuner
    Not sure that I agree. The whole purpose of a thermostat is to control a minimum temperature. Radiator cooling capacity shouldn’t change minimum temperature.

Senior Tuner
    Jiggle/bypass valve probably, coupled with extra cooling capacity. Would be best to have it running at OE temp.

Also, don't forget that the steam vents aren't regulated and exit downstream of the thermostat.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-11-2024 at 09:46 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Do stock vehicles have trouble maintaining temperature when it’s very cold? I I don’t mean -25 degrees F where just under hood temperature are cold enough to be an issue. I don’t think the increased cooling capacity is that much.

It would be interesting to block off part of the radiator and see if the temperature climbs.

Senior Tuner
    Personally, if my vehicle was doing that I'd investigate it, too. Starting with a Motorad 187F thermostat. From there I'd close the loop on the steam vents by drilling and tapping a 1/8 NPT fitting into the water pump boss then re-routing there. I've done that on my TA. Vapor and air is still released on it, so it'd certainly do the same on a truck where the radiator sits higher than the top of the engine.

Senior Tuner
    My only LS vehicle doesn’t get driven when it’s much below freezing. So I haven’t seen if it has trouble maintaining thermostat temperature when it’s real cold.