Thread: Explorer ST need more power

Potential Tuner

Explorer ST need more power

Hey everyone, Looking for any advise. Ive got a 23 Explorer ST and I'm at a total stand still looking for more power. Ive tried everything I can think of but cant figure out why I cant raise my TIP. I just now with my last upload, I am now getting Popcorn on Torque airlimit source and Torque max source and then Comb. Stability limit on Driver demand limit. I have all lspi tables raised to 3.0 now and speed density tables at 3.0 as well but still have it coming up.

Airload desired and Torque Desired are well above actual, TIP is the only other problem I am having which is causing the throttle body to close, and tapering down through the RPM.

FYI, The tune file only opens with the Beta software and the MPVI2 plugged into the computer with an internet connection. The standard version would not read the vehicle.

Thanks for any help!
    Ford Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Mine 13.hpl
    Ford Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Mine 13.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Here is the original file.
    Ori Ford Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Mine.hpt

Try this, I've turned on all the limiters you turned off as there isnt a need to turn them off from my experience, including any DTC trigger changes. I've also copied over your transmission adjustments over. Also included a vcm scanner channel config for you to use, works well for me.Ecoboost Channels.xmlFord Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Version 1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Ill go ahead and see what happens with your changes. Not sure if it'll happen today but I'll follow up for sure. It seems like mostly just increasing the map and just adding torque slightly.

Potential Tuner
    I only did a few pulls because of the snow today. The car broke loose 3 times until I found a semi dry area. I noticed that there was kind of a lot of knock on the 1st pull, almost 5 deg. There are also a lot of limiters popping up as well. look at the log and tell me what you think. I also did a log with my old channels as well that I will attach.

Ford Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Version 1.hpl
    Ford Explorer ST 3.0 2023 Version 1 other channels.hpl

See how this logs, put the ignition timing back to stock as your inferred RON rating is 93 which isnt great, what grade petrol are you using? Ideally you want to be using 93 octane/98RON else it'll limit you quite a bit on the ignition front.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Im up here in Colorado where the elevation is 5000 feet above sea level and the highest octane readily available is only 91 (85,87,91 are all that available). I will upload the tune hopefully today.

Once everything is dialed in, I will play with e85 as that is fairly easy to find here as well.