Thread: Chevy Aveo T250 ECU pinout

Chevy Aveo T250 ECU pinout

Hi! So, I was studying the pinout of my ECM, and it looks something like this:
    pinout 1.png
    pinout 2.png
    As you can see, there are two similar set of pins. One set controls ignition for coils 2 and 3 and the other for coils 1 and 4.

I have a single coil system, so I assume those pins control the spark plugs directly by sending a signal to the coil.

My question is, why are there two sets of pins that control the same instead of 4 pins (one for each spark plug)?

Are two spark plugs firing at the same time? Do those pins only control timing, and the firing is directed by a different circuit?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Senior Tuner
    Have you checked the wiring diagram? It will tell you more than the pin out.

Tuner in Training
    From back in the day old Ford stuff, single coil 4 cylinder 2 plugs always fired the same time. Was supposed to help with emissions iirc. One was always compression cycle while the other was always exhaust cycle. It's been awhile but that's how I remember it.
    2018 Chevy Cruze 1.4L manual trans- GM performance CAI, downpipe with AEM OBD2 wideband, Turbosmart LTG BOV with custom adapter, Mamba wastegate, ZZP throttle body spacer for AEM boost pressure gauge, ZZP billet turbo outlet, self tuning

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Have you checked the wiring diagram? It will tell you more than the pin out.
    I'm not sure where to find that, there is tons of crappy info out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gokart2 View Post
    From back in the day old Ford stuff, single coil 4 cylinder 2 plugs always fired the same time. Was supposed to help with emissions iirc. One was always compression cycle while the other was always exhaust cycle. It's been awhile but that's how I remember it.
    Hm, that makes sense. Tahnk you.

Wow that's very useful, thank you!

Senior Tuner
    alldata.com or https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions# or buy a hard copy OEM service manual.