Thread: 2006 LBZ ECM File Corrupt

Potential Tuner

2006 LBZ ECM File Corrupt

Hello all, If you dont think this is appropriate for me to post here, I apologize.

I just bought a 2006 GMC 3500, my first Duramax truck. The truck runs fine and seems to have a stock tune currently. The PO said he thinks it had a tuner on it before he got it. I bought an Edge Evolution CTS3 for the truck for monitoring and to run their tunes. When I attempt to load a tune, it tries to pull the stock file and says it is corrupted. I called Edge and they pretty much said if the can is good and communicating fine, then I probably need to have a factory configuration written in. I pulled a file with HP and it definitely seems like a stock tune. I guess my question is, can I use someone's stock tune, license it, then write it in? Or is that a dumb idea, and should I try to find someone with a tech 2 and/or dealer? Am I missing an obvious answer. I am up for any good ideas.

Also attached is the file I pulled from the truck.

2006 White GMC FIRST Read.hpt

Potential Tuner
    No one has any insight??

do you have any method of loading a new file into your truck ? what is your vin ? i can see if i have a stock file.
    07 classic

Potential Tuner
    The only thing I have is HP-MPVI 1. My VIN is 1GTHK33D36F195059

ill check later today if i have one that will work.
    07 classic

If you want to write another file in...make sure all matches up before you do. I did it with success on my 2010 but its typically not recommended. Also double credits, since you need to license your truck vin, then license the file when you flash it in.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselmanng View Post
    The only thing I have is HP-MPVI 1. My VIN is 1GTHK33D36F195059
    this morning i will have one for you . i used efilive to flash my 06 back to stock. then changed the vin to yours. then used my ford vcm2 and the gmglobal website and programming software to program the pcm to match your vin. then ill read it back out with hp tuners and place it here later this morning.
    07 classic

Tuner in Training
    He will still need to license the file since they are also tied to the ECM serial number

1GTHK33D36F195059.hpt

there you go. that would be gm's latest and greatest file. it was read out from my 4.0.6 vcm editor
    07 classic

Potential Tuner
    Good deal. I never licensed my read from my truck, so I should be good to license this file and load in in the truck, correct? The only thing I see that is different is the ECM Serial number.

Good deal. I never licensed my read from my truck, so I should be good to license this file and load in in the truck, correct? The only thing I see that is different is the ECM Serial number.
    its got a different serial due to my ecm is a diff serial than yours. but i programmed my trucks vin to match yours. then used gm sps to program my ecm using the latest calibrations from gm as per your vin. then read it out with hp tuners. you should beable to load that file in with a full flash to be safe.
    07 classic

Potential Tuner
    Okay. I will hopefully get to it later today. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.

Okay. I will hopefully get to it later today. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me.
    youre welcome.
    07 classic

Potential Tuner
    I finally got a few minutes to write it in, and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

I finally got a few minutes to write it in, and it worked perfectly. Thanks again!
    awesome !! glad to hear. if you need any help with other stuff for that truck feel free to send me a pm.
    07 classic