Thread: dodge charger 396 stroker Car will feels like cruise control at 19mph

Potential Tuner

dodge charger 396 stroker Car will feels like cruise control at 19mph

Hey guys I need a little help. Car would slow down just fine but when I slow down to 19mph it feels like the throttle is applied like cruise control and it would fluctuate around 900 to 1000 rpm than idle normal.

The car is a 396 stroker, Tomahawk 2.0 cam, ported throttle body. I attached my tune and datalog.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    O2 sensors look really lazy. If you try to tune VE with them doing that then you're going to have problems. I noticed that you changed fuel injector data. What was the reasoning for that? New injectors? Do you have data?

Few tips for VE tuning from what I've briefly seen in your setup is you need to disable DFCO. VE table RPM limits should be expanded due to fuel cutoff rpm being increased. Adjust PE so that more cells can be logged with fuel trims. Disable VE 2.

Tuner
    I agree with what Sirius said regarding your O2 sensors and the likelihood that your O2's may have skewed the data input when tuning your VE tables. I, too was going to ask you about your injector data. Your data input looks similar to the injector data for some Deatschwerks 42's or 13U injectors or maybe some 550-600cc injectors but I was thrown off a bit with the open and closed throttle injector tables so I'm not really sure. My build up until yesterday anyway, was also a 396 stroker with a Tomahawk cam, except my build is running 12.3 to 1 compression. Our VE tables are quite a bit different which only further supports what Sirius had suggested about your O2 sensors being lazy. I think you might be selling yourself short with your table values in the wide-open throttle area of the table (last couple rows at bottom and the higher rpm area of table). I made a couple changes throughout your tune that may help with your throttle hanging around the 1900 rpm area. Might be worth a shot to load it and see if anything improves. I also adjusted that area of your VE tables to values similar to mine just so you could see what values I have in my VE tables roughly from 3000 rpm through 6000 rpm in the .70 - .95 P Ratio range. I also adjusted throttle body airflow some in all three tables and adjusted friction base and a few other tables as well. Take a look through and see what you think and go from there. Hope it helps. Good luck!
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

Advanced Tuner
    hanging like that try adjusting torque loss tables

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for getting back late. Thanks, buddy. It did fix my problem by the way.