Thread: Need Help with Variant coding

Potential Tuner

Need Help with Variant coding

I am attempting to read the variant coding from the a 2012 CLS 550 4Matic and am having trouble getting results. I have found the parameters for the different variant codes ie. vehicle config select, pedal table select, idle table select etc. but am not able to get these fields to populate in the scanner. Any help would be appreciated

Potential Tuner
    For all I know I could be going about this entirely the wrong way. I found the parameters as variables for the graphs in the scanner after not being able to find them in the channels. I added a graph with the vehicle config select parameter as the variable, but when I start scanning nothing populates.VCM MERC VEHICLE CONFIG TROUBLE.PNG

Potential Tuner
    I opened a ticket with engineering and they released a fix in beta 2023 or newer. I'm about to check myself on my 14 E63 MED177.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by akboarder09 View Post
    I opened a ticket with engineering and they released a fix in beta 2023 or newer. I'm about to check myself on my 14 E63 MED177.
    Still no luck in beta for me. Any luck on your end?

Quote Originally Posted by Merc 550 Tuner View Post
    I think I could help with PID's if thats your issue but regarding "Selector" PID's that wont show even with the fix I have for normal parameters.
    Xstages Motorsport

Tuning inquiries:

ECU, TCU, CPC Online Tuning
    Whatsapp: +971503383340
    Email: [email protected]
    Insta: @xstages.motorsport
    www.xstages.com

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 550 Tuner View Post
    Negative ghostrider, nothing changed. I ended up just applying modifications to all the variants for that table to cover it all.

Potential Tuner
    Engineering got back to me and confirmed the MED177 doesn't have the variant configuration select tables available. So like Outlaw said there's no way to show it. I worked around it with editing the variant I most see relates in logs and edit all to match. I also compared stock files for other models and modified accordingly.