Thread: 04 Silverado 5.3 tune

Potential Tuner

04 Silverado 5.3 tune

Hey all , my name is Chris. As the above vehicle also has a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, shorty heads and a cat back exhaust which is an x pipe and strait pipe duals. Ok with that out of the way I was wondering if anyone has or might have a decent tune for this? I am new to all of this and I just had finished the factory e fan swap, so I had to use hp to trigger the fans. But that?s about all I know from watching yt. I definitely want to learn at the same time need help getting my good fuel mileage back lol.
    And thanks again for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjayers82 View Post
    Hey all , my name is Chris. As the above vehicle also has a cold air intake, throttle body spacer, shorty heads and a cat back exhaust which is an x pipe and strait pipe duals. Ok with that out of the way I was wondering if anyone has or might have a decent tune for this? I am new to all of this and I just had finished the factory e fan swap, so I had to use hp to trigger the fans. But that?s about all I know from watching yt. I definitely want to learn at the same time need help getting my good fuel mileage back lol.
    And thanks again for the help.
    You need to post the tune and get some log data. You also need to read up on recalibrating the VE table and MAF curve. If you post your tune some of us can help you get some other things "base" tuned for PE adjustments, Timing curves, ETC limits, and maybe transmission adjustments.

We can also help you get into SD mode to tune the VE and MAF only mode to tune the MAF. I suggest that you read up on those first though.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Get rid of that throttle body spacer.. doesn't do anything for ya.. gains you nothing.. those are an old-school carburetor trick and does nothing for fuel injected vehicles... it can also mess up the air flow and make things worse... so get rid of that.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Potential Tuner
    Thank you both. I have to wait for the labtop has a decent charge and I will post both the stock file and the file I used to try and get the efan swap to work. I think I also have a few files for the scanner side of things if that helps too.

Potential Tuner

here is the stock file and scan with efan

Advanced Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...170#post762170 Post #2
    this is a short write up i did the other day for the new guys to kinda give you an idea of what needs to be changed for the "base tune" before and after data logging. You need to fail the maf and make your settings how ive described and log changes and apply those changes. If you dont understand then just ask...
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"