Thread: Hardware Identification selection for Late Model Fords

Potential Tuner

Hardware Identification selection for Late Model Fords

I cannot for the life of me figure out which hardware/ECU controller etc to choose for a 2020-2022 ford escape ecoboost 1.5.
    The scanner connects and shows plenty of parameters however there are no special functions available.
    At the top it shows the vehicle and vin per usual but it says 6.2L when its a 1.5...
    When i go to read the tune file it wants me to to choose "hardware" with a drop down.
    Ive tried 278/278b and 298.
    I see the ford bronco 1.5 ecoboost is supported by hp tuners and I see handheld tuners online along with intakes etc. that fit both the Bronco and the Escape in 2020+ year ranges but the Escape isnt "supported" by HpTuners yet.
    Even if i cant write the ecu yet because of support i would love to look at the tune file and get familiar.
    If anyone is familiar with the Hardware selection im looking for or know what im on about please replay to this or shoot me a message please and i hope this helps others who may be experiencing the same issue.
    Also I CANNOT find any info on HpTuners Website walking someone through a situation where you have to select the ECM/Controller to read the tune file etc.
    If anyone has a link referring to my issue on HpTuners website and could paste that in a reply to help others experiencing similar issues including myself i'm sure it would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some helpfull info and HAPPY NEW YEARS BOYS!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I believe you need to be on the latest Beta version of the editor.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the same issue. Even with beta software it still won't id the hardware.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by runninbroke View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Even with beta software it still won't id the hardware.
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket where you've reported the issue? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I did open a support ticket earlier today

Advanced Tuner
    Question, If one reads their vehicle on a Beta version (5.1.1957), do we have to re read the vehicle with the latest Beta version periodically to view the updates in our files?

Advanced Tuner
    Ttt