Thread: Mopar R3/W7 small block - Bosch injectors

Potential Tuner

Mopar R3/W7 small block - Bosch injectors

Hello,

I am assembling a small block Mopar (393") which will use some old LeMans injector castings. I want to use a Bosch injector and am having a hard time understanding Bosch's technical data. On some of their injectors, the spray exits the nozzle at an angle...this is not the spray angle itself but the 'tip' of the spray pattern.

This is represented by Bosch in their technical literature using a Greek lambda symbol. On the injector I am considering (0280158187) there is a 10 degree tip...but the direction of that tip is not clear to me.

Does anyone know which way the tip occurs? Is it toward the electrical connector, or away from it? Thanks.

R3W7CRtop.jpgspray tip.jpg

187 has a 15 degree C Type (Cone) spray pattern, 10 degree gamma (spray angle from centerline), at a delta of 270 degree. So it will spray to the left of plug, looking at it from the bottom up as in the attached photo.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, but I still don't understand...in the photo above it shows that the spray can be angled toward the plug, or away from it (I think) but not to the right or left of it?