Thread: 2017 L86 Swap GEN V tuning Noob

Potential Tuner

Unhappy 2017 L86 Swap GEN V tuning Noob

72 C10 with 2017 L86 6.2 w/ PSI Conversion Harness. .660 lift comp cam, comp cams phaser lockout, long tubes, corsa intake, pTR carbon intake manifold, stock fuel.

Idles well, revs well and seems healthy and happy. When the engine is revved, it starts hunting on the way back down and the idle will continue to surge with no correction. Advance at idle seems low to me, but i cannot seem to resolve that issue either even with adjusting VT within cylinder airmass range. Idling roughly 100 below target. I'm stuck and can't seem to get anywhere with these said issues, going too far with VT results in poor idle quality and stumbling. Log and tune file attached, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

72 c10 base tune.hpt
    run2.hpl
    run1.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Write entire with this one - just open and then write entire without trying to copy anything over and see where it's at then work the torque models from there. Keep in mind whatever you've removed from the VE needs to be added back into the map side of the torque model. You basically lowered the map torque model when you took out of the VE and then shifted the airmass side with whatever you did to the MAF curve. The map side will control the idle timing more so than the airmass side. After that you can take out of and shape the airmass side to match the two or work them both as you go. It's not easy and takes a lot of trial and error. Fueling will also change while doing this, so keep that straight too. You can halfway go by predicted to set the idle DD cell to help things out. Goal is to get throttle to close, idle timing up and balance the models out while setting the idle controls to work with the new idle delivered torque.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Awesome advice, thank you. Then Gen V's require much more of a balancing act with parameters and adjustments. I honestly didn't even think about balancing the two tables, putting back what was taking away. I will keep this in mind and continue to make adjustments hopefully to return here with good results. Thanks again!